Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i have a very big problem and it's ruining my entire life Watch

ReputationRep:
    my entire life

it's been about two months now, that I've finished sixth form and I'm privately retaking, as I didn't do too well.
    I get these weird thoughts about the friends in my past, from year 12 and 13, like thoughts about every single one and how I feel like i was mean to them or affected them in some way, even though I didn't but still get these weird thoughts?
    It gives me headaches due to this worrying and anxiety
    And it prevents me from living life and I don't know how to stop it.
    I felt better for a week and happy, so i know i will be better but literally today all these weird thoughts came back
    A levels are important and I just want to focus on that.
    Any tips on not to worry about people?
    It's weird I keep worrying about every single one and about how I might have affected them in a bad way or was mean to them?!
    During our daily lives we meet a lot of people and if I keep getting these weird thoughts it's going to ruin my future

(I have already seen a doctor etc so please don't mention it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfg4)
    my entire life

it's been about two months now, that I've finished sixth form and I'm privately retaking, as I didn't do too well.
    I get these weird thoughts about the friends in my past, from year 12 and 13, like thoughts about every single one and how I feel like i was mean to them or affected them in some way, even though I didn't but still get these weird thoughts?
    I felt better for a week and happy, so i know i will be better but literally today all these weird thoughts came back
    It's weird I keep worrying about every single one and about how I might have affected them in a bad way or was mean to them?!
    During our daily lives we meet a lot of people and if I keep getting these weird thoughts it's going to ruin my future

I sometimes feel like that but all of you have to do is put that aside because it is in the past and A-levels are present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    I sometimes feel like that but all of you have to do is put that aside because it is in the past and A-levels are present.
    How do i put it aside
    Sometimes i feel SO GUILTY for no reason

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfg4)
    my entire life

Heya, this is almost exactly what I'm going through right now.
    I'm retaking my A Level in Computer Science privately because I screwed it up massively.

Meanwhile I'm applying to uni for the 2018 entry so don't miss that deadline.
    I've kept in contact with two of my friends that meant a lot to me in sixth form because realistically, you're not going to be able to stay friends with all the people you knew.

To keep yourself motivated, get a part-time/ full-time job but keep in mind that you'll still need time for revision. Do something that you'll enjoy rather than working at a store or something. Keep applying for them and dont get disheartened when the applications don't follow through.

I hope this advice helps you cope a little bit, seeing all your friends leave to uni while you're still stuck in the same place feels like absolute **** but you have to stay positive. I'd suggest stopping using social media for a while because you'll end up seeing everyone else having a much better time than you and you'll feel left out.

Hope my advice helps a bit, sorry for the long wait.
    Good luck m8!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoggyPants)
    Heya, this is almost exactly what I'm going through right now.
    I'm retaking my A Level in Computer Science privately because I screwed it up massively.

Meanwhile I'm applying to uni for the 2018 entry so don't miss that deadline.
    I've kept in contact with two of my friends that meant a lot to me in sixth form because realistically, you're not going to be able to stay friends with all the people you knew.

To keep yourself motivated, get a part-time/ full-time job but keep in mind that you'll still need time for revision. Do something that you'll enjoy rather than working at a store or something. Keep applying for them and dont get disheartened when the applications don't follow through.

I hope this advice helps you cope a little bit, seeing all your friends leave to uni while you're still stuck in the same place feels like absolute **** but you have to stay positive. I'd suggest stopping using social media for a while because you'll end up seeing everyone else having a much better time than you and you'll feel left out.

Hope my advice helps a bit, sorry for the long wait.
    Good luck m8!
    It's not that I miss them.
    It's that I get weird thoughts and keep getting worried that I have affected my friends or was mean to them Even though I'm sure I wasn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfg4)
    It's not that I miss them.
    It's that I get weird thoughts and keep getting worried that I have affected my friends or was mean to them Even though I'm sure I wasn't
    Don't worry about your last impression on them, they'll remember you for all the good times you had together even if they don't actively stay in contact.

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/k5RH3BdXDOY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfg4)
    How do i put it aside
    Sometimes i feel SO GUILTY for no reason
    Just ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    Unsure on your gender from your username, however, maybe you're suffering from an increase in estrogen production if you're a female, and if male, then stop drinking and eating soy based foods and drinks, as these are estrogen-like substances that have the same effect in the body as estrogen and we can become estrogenic, which contributes to such problems as cancer, irritability and mood swings, fat gain around the waist, hips and thighs, fibrocystic breast disease and uterine fibroids.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.