Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes??!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When you are a fairly high achieving student, and you do that one class test and it comes back as a D/E and your whole mood and vibe just f***s up because you made it really silly errors. i know its not my actual exam, and i'm predicted an A for the subject (chemistry) but sometimes it just gets you down.. anyone else find that little tests get to them ?? xD really really annoying. on the up side, i didnt do that much questions, could of done a lot more. but even then i felt i did enough to secure an A turns out NOT lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Gets to me way much more than it should

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light.Y)
    When you are a fairly high achieving student, and you do that one class test and it comes back as a D/E and your whole mood and vibe just f***s up because you made it really silly errors. i know its not my actual exam, and i'm predicted an A for the subject (chemistry) but sometimes it just gets you down.. anyone else find that little tests get to them ?? xD really really annoying. on the up side, i didnt do that much questions, could of done a lot more. but even then i felt i did enough to secure an A turns out NOT lol.
    I know how you feel you work hard and that that class test goes badly and all that motivation goes away and you end up feeling inadequate and getting that a feels a distant dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_)
    Yup. Gets to me way much more than it should
    literally the worst feeling...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I know how you feel you work hard and that that class test goes badly and all that motivation goes away and you end up feeling inadequate and getting that a feels a distant dream.
    glad im not the only person

ReputationRep:
    The worst is when you get 0 on a 30 mark test (and you are a predicted grade 9 student!) and the kid in front of you says 'even (insert name here) got 0 marks so my 12 marks is not bad!' And you felt crap anyway and that idiot (predicted a grade 5) made it 10x worse! I actually tried every question and thouht i got over half right, basically instead of using one specific formula (sine rule) i used a multitude of others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleBlossom5)
    The worst is when you get 0 on a 30 mark test (and you are a predicted grade 9 student!) and the kid in front of you says 'even (insert name here) got 0 marks so my 12 marks is not bad!' And you felt crap anyway and that idiot (predicted a grade 5) made it 10x worse! I actually tried every question and thouht i got over half right, basically instead of using one specific formula (sine rule) i used a multitude of others
    Happens to me all the time. I feel your pain 😭
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleBlossom5)
    wow this happened to me too, the guy i was speaking to after got higher than me and he got an E last year in the AS and i got a B.... so yeah im in your boat ahhahahah. he was acting very high and mighty after the test

ReputationRep:
    hopefully we can all encourage each other by saying its only the start of the year and we can do so much better !!!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, so nice to know that I am not alone! The thing is, in the exams i don't revise for, i get really good marks, and when I do revise, i get crap marks. So when I am confident, I end up feeling like i have fallen flat on my face when my results come back! Sorry, it is kinda nice to rant because even my friends don't understand entirely and i don;t wanna talk about something that they can't empathisize with/talk about.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.