alicebanfield
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have to choose my A-levels soon and I am stuck on which options to choose. The five which I am finding it difficult to choose between are:
Maths
Chemistry
RS
Government & Politics
History

I am only allowed to choose three.

I would like to go to a Russell Group University, possibly Oxbridge, and I am also interested in possibly doing a PPE degree. I know that maths is required for this. Which of my subject choices are more highly regarded by these universities? I know that history is very highly regarded, but I think that I am more interested in taking politics or religious studies. Are these subjects less highly regarded?
CashBlack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try do Maths, Chemistry and History
CashBlack
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But that's only if you enjoy those subjects, research into the specification and see what you will be learning over the next 2 years. I am currently doing maths, chemistry and biology and tbh I enjoy maths out of the 3 because it's the only subject where you don't have to remember facts or information rather than the rules, methods and formulae. Maths also gets more interesting after a couple of chapters because the first 3 chapters are A* GCSE topics but in more detail.
Conorcinny02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Take what you enjoy! Alevels are going to be tough no matter what, pick what ones you like best
Nolan'sDaughter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would recommend maths, government and politics and history or economics as you want to do ppe
alicebanfield
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Nolan'sDaughter)
I would recommend maths, government and politics and history or economics as you want to do ppe
Would you say that Government & Politics is highly regarded by top universities?
CashBlack
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alicebanfield)
Would you say that Government & Politics is highly regarded by top universities?
It isn't considered a facilitating subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (49)
31.41%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.15%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.97%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.28%

Watched Threads