Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I want to do Maths at uni and majority of universities ask for 3As
    I really want to get into uni this year and I believe that Im a harkworking person but I know that my prediction grades will be low...I think I will get A, B, B/C (A in biology, B in chemistry and B/C in maths(more likely C)) As much as I have tried to get my teachers to predict me higher for maths, its very unlikely and the highest I'll have is a B
    Will I get any offers with these grades?
    Will good unis like Bristol, Manchester etc be on for clearing or adjustment if I dont get any offers? Im worried that I wont get offers this year because of my C prediction in Maths

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest you don't have a very strong application for maths, especially for Russell group level unis like Bristol. To study maths at university at the very least you should be on track for an A*/A in single maths, and ideally similar grades for Further Maths. I'm not sure you are going to be able to cope with it to be honest. My advice would be to reconsider your uni major. No reputable uni is going to accept you for maths with those grades I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    To be completely honest you don't have a very strong application for maths, especially for Russell group level unis like Bristol. To study maths at university at the very least you should be on track for an A*/A in single maths, and ideally similar grades for Further Maths. I'm not sure you are going to be able to cope with it to be honest. My advice would be to reconsider your uni major. No reputable uni is going to accept you for maths with those grades I'm afraid.
    I didnt say that I would get those grades...I get As in class in maths and maths is a subject I enjoy a lot. I honestly think Im on track for an A at least in my A Levels but its my predictions that let me down
    Lets say I get an A in maths and all As, can I apply through clearing or adjustment?
    Also I was initially set on medicine but changed to maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxtentacion..)
    I didnt say that I would get those grades...I get As in class in maths and maths is a subject I enjoy a lot. I honestly think Im on track for an A at least in my A Levels but its my predictions that let me down
    Lets say I get an A in maths and all As, can I apply through clearing or adjustment?
    Also I was initially set on medicine but changed to maths
    If you get all A's you would be beating your predictions so you wouldn't go through Clearing, but go through Adjustment instead. You can go through this, but the way I see it, math applicants are already quite strong so there will be limited spaces.

I'd suggest emailing the universities you want to go to and ask if they had any Adjustment spaces this year or the last few, to see the trend.

How come you're being predicted a C in Maths when you have been getting A's all year round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    If you get all A's you would be beating your predictions so you wouldn't go through Clearing, but go through Adjustment instead. You can go through this, but the way I see it, math applicants are already quite strong so there will be limited spaces.

I'd suggest emailing the universities you want to go to and ask if they had any Adjustment spaces this year or the last few, to see the trend.

How come you're being predicted a C in Maths when you have been getting A's all year round?
    How does adjustment work? I thought it only works if you get offers and then surpass them? So you dont need offers?
    I will email them about that thanks
    Because my teachers hate me

ReputationRep:
    unis like manchester, bristol, nottingham will go into clearing for maths with grade requirements of around AAB (ish)

these unis anyway give out lots of offers so you are likely to receive at least one even with poor predictions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxtentacion..)
    How does adjustment work? I thought it only works if you get offers and then surpass them? So you dont need offers?
    I will email them about that thanks
    Because my teachers hate me
    Lol, there has to be a better reason - did you not do so well in your AS exams for Maths?

And on results day you just click the Adjustment button and you have 7 days to pick a new course. I don't think you can go through clearing unless you failed to meet the conditions of your firm/insurance uni or you dropped out entirely (I think).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    Lol, there has to be a better reason - did you not do so well in your AS exams for Maths?

And on results day you just click the Adjustment button and you have 7 days to pick a new course. I don't think you can go through clearing unless you failed to meet the conditions of your firm/insurance uni or you dropped out entirely (I think).
    Maybe I didnt do so well in my exams, but I know where I went wrong and Im working hard this year...
    Ah ok thankss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.