Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to self teach yourself A level biology in one whole year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man111111)
    is it possible to self teach yourself A level biology in one whole year?
    yh maybe but why?

And if u r doing a-level biology in a year don't u have to do practicals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friend1234)
    yh maybe but why?

And if u r doing a-level biology in a year don't u have to do practicals?
    is it compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    is it compulsory?
    i mean yeah many unis want you to have a pass for the practical safety certificate. and i would actually say the opposite to the last post. A level biology in one year is not feasible in my opinion. there are so many process' which you have to memorise and in terms of content its a really demanding subject. you cant just do the past papers for biology and be an ace. you actually need to fully understand everything. also you need to know stuff outside the spec for the last essay question in paper 3 (assuming your doing AQA) if you are just doing biology then yes on its own you could do it in a year, if you are trying to do it with other a levels... highly unlikely you would do well. if you are applying for medicine which is what im assuming, chemistry is more critically needed than bio. good luck if you are anyway

ReputationRep:
    is it compulsory?

I think so because usually it gets sent off to the exam board and also when apply to uni and u want to study a science-based subject they sometimes want u to pass in your practical tests so maybe it would be better 4 u to do 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light.Y)
    i mean yeah many unis want you to have a pass for the practical safety certificate. and i would actually say the opposite to the last post. A level biology in one year is not feasible in my opinion. there are so many process' which you have to memorise and in terms of content its a really demanding subject. you cant just do the past papers for biology and be an ace. you actually need to fully understand everything. also you need to know stuff outside the spec for the last essay question in paper 3 (assuming your doing AQA) if you are just doing biology then yes on its own you could do it in a year, if you are trying to do it with other a levels... highly unlikely you would do well. if you are applying for medicine which is what im assuming, chemistry is more critically needed than bio. good luck if you are anyway
    do i have to go to a college to do the required practicals?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.