Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My father's income was included in my household income when I only live with my mother. They are divorced and this has not happened with my previous sf applications in year 1 and 2. My father has followed advice from sf and written a letter to be removed from my application as he should not have been included. We haven't heard anything back and I do not know what the next step would be as it is stopping my scholarship money being processed.

Hope you can help!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliemccreanor)
    Hi,

My father's income was included in my household income when I only live with my mother. They are divorced and this has not happened with my previous sf applications in year 1 and 2. My father has followed advice from sf and written a letter to be removed from my application as he should not have been included. We haven't heard anything back and I do not know what the next step would be as it is stopping my scholarship money being processed.

Hope you can help!
    Hi Elliemccreanor,

Can I ask you a few questions to help you better, first of all did you provide your dads details on your 2017 application as well as your mother's ?

Did we send your dad an email or contact asking him to support your application for 2017?

Finally when did you send the letter asking for him to be removed from the application ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

Yes of course. My dad sent off his details as student finance sent him an email to support my application however, this has never happened before. I thought it was just a change in the sf system. Also dad sent the letter about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks,
    Ellie
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliemccreanor)
    Hi Rona,

Yes of course. My dad sent off his details as student finance sent him an email to support my application however, this has never happened before. I thought it was just a change in the sf system. Also dad sent the letter about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks,
    Ellie
    Hi Elliemccreanor,

The letter that your dad has sent will still be waiting to be processed, current processing timescales are 21 Working days, as soon as this has been processed an update will show on your online account.

Thanks Katie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Katie,

Ok thank you for your help.
    Ellie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.