The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is weird I've just searched this question I'm not living far from where you are. I would advise speaking to the uni support team theye should have one for students having any problems, also go to some self defence classes and while your waiting for the classes start looking at YouTube videos on basic self defence although actually going to the classes and practising physically carrying out the moves would be the best as you will need to be fast at whatever defence moves you use should they attack..you want to hurt them then get good at it you can actually break their arm and kick them in the gonads then no more kiddies for that mother ****er but obviously the most important thing is to get away so don't stick around when you have the chance to escape take it and go straight to the police record every incident dates and times on paper athough if you get good at the self defence something tells me these piece of cowardly **** will move on.I hope it doesn't come to this for you and wishing you all the best with your uni work don't let them distract you from what your life goal is give them no control.
(edited 6 years ago)
This is weird I've just searched this question I'm not living far from where you are. I would advise speaking to the uni support team theye should have one for students having any problems, also go to some self defence classes and while your waiting for the classes start looking at YouTube videos on basic self defence although actually going to the classes and practising physically carrying out the moves would be the best as you will need to be fast at whatever defence moves you use should they attract..you want to hurt them then get good at it you can actually break their arm and kick them in the gonads then no more kiddies for that mother ****er but obviously the most important thing is to get away so don't stick around when you gave the chance to escape take it.I hope it doesn't come to this for you and wishing you all the best with your uni work don't let them distract you from what your life goal is give them no control.
Carry some love and sympathy for the less fortunates. Keep some coppers you can give them walk back with your half eaten takeaway rather than binning that. Talk to them. If fear shows on your face you will be taken advantage of. Once they see u r a giving person they wouldn't harras you anymore. All they want is a few pound for a cheap cider or half aeal to live on. They surely aren't after your rolex or CK undies.
Air Freshner. But if you don’t wanna look like a freakshow then use deodorant...
Original post by Vanryth

However this **** is getting out of control as they wonder literally just outside our campus and neither campus secruity nor the poilce (I have not seen a single ****ing officer or PSCO anywhere in town or even a poilce car driving around) are doing anything.

Well in that case why worry about whats legal. Might as well carry a glass bottle of something (perfectly legal), and use that to smash him over th head and glass him in the face, (perfectly unlegal). Its probably best to learn how to use the weapons you were born with. Take a self defence class or somethin.
Can i use a tazer gun?
I would like to take one for my girl.
The UK is pretty strict regarding items used for self-defense, handgun and Pepper Spray weapons.
Your Keys! Put them between your fingers and aim for below their necks. That avoids the "carrying something with the intent to harm" as you always have your keys with you or else you cant go home!
(edited 5 years ago)
Basically in the UK - people can break into your house, terrorise your family, beat the **** out of you and if you do much back you're likely to be one the getting prosecuted. My friend went through a long and stressful case when he took on some thugs outsiude his house vanadlising his neighbours car. This country we used nto call great is f*cking doomed, the police are at breaking point with all the cut-backs, the criminals and the politically correct brigade are taking over. If someone chooses to break into your house or mug you out on the street then the gloves should be off, if they get killed attempting a crime, tough f*cking luck, I'd applaud the other person for havinbg thje guts to say 'I'm not taking this'
Basically in the UK - people can break into your house, terrorise your family, beat the **** out of you and if you do much back you're likely to be one the getting prosecuted. My friend went through a long and stressful case when he took on some thugs outsiude his house vanadlising his neighbours car. This country we used to call great is doomed, the police are at breaking point with all the cut-backs, the criminals and the politically correct brigade are taking over. If someone chooses to break into your house or mug you out on the street then the gloves should be off period. If you intend to equip YOURSELF be sure its not a 'weapon' persay for the best chance of no reprisals legally' soemthing that could be used as a weapon but isn't a weapon if you see what I mean e.g. baseball bat at home is OK (just make sure have a ball and maybe a glove also for the cover story should you ever have to use it. Can of Deep Heat spray is not a bad idea, its something you can have lying around legally obviously but spray it in soemones face/eyes and its pretty unpleasant.P.S. Don't beat the living sh* t out of the burglar with baseball bat (I read a story about someone who got around 2 years for it), just enough to get them to leave your house. The burglar is allowed to f*ck us over but if we law abiding citizens scared sh*tless in our own homes attempt to f*ck the burglar over we could be in deep water. this is GREAT BRITAIN.
Original post by Sabertooth
It's not legal to carry anything for the purpose of self defense in the uk. Even something like a kubotan stick is illegal.

A belt with metal buckle, a waking cane, a strike to the soft regions often does the trick, eyes, throat, groin, sola plexus
Yea grate but heroin addicts have a probblem with my legs and have tryed running me over balls wont help me
Yea grate but heroin addicts have a probblem with my legs and have tryed running me over balls wont help me
Flick knives are I legal in the U.K. since the 50’s <60’s .you will be prosecuted if found carrying that type of Knife. Anything with an 3” or 76mm blade or over are illegal . Report your problems to the correct authorities ie. the powers at your college, Sudent’s Union and the police. If you don’t tell the police they won’t know there’s a problem put in writing and send it to your college head and find out who the Chief Constable is of Teesside and forward your problems. Middlesbrough doesn’t want this image!! Don’t go alone, in the areas where these scumbags are.Try getting self defence course. Then sort out the leader the rest will run.I lived in Richmond North Yorkshire and went to every Boro home games for seven years and never had any problems. Keep people who you know around you ,strength in number!!
Original post by Napp
Nothing... you carry it for self defence it will almost unilaterally become an ipso facto offensive weapon and the police will make it their raison d'etre to roger you for it.

You do know thats classed as a firearm?

Why is that? Does it make my Vindaloo carryout a hand grenade? :tongue:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 35
The best self defence weapon that is legal is yourself and I've lived in Middlesbrough all my life and you're right it has got a lot worse. Luckily because it is a rough area there is also a lot of highly trained coaches and gyms around there that can give you the skills were you won't need weapons. Pro Defence Krav MagaTeesside Muay ThiaGracie Middlesbrough BjjAre all world class gyms and there are plenty more to choose from
Why does this keep getting bumped?
Reply 37
Original post by Andrew97
Why does this keep getting bumped?

Morons advertising for personal gain. This whole thread is a joke; Middlesbrough isn't anywhere near as bad as they make it look.
Kill them
Just carry something that you would pretty plausably have on you for normal reasons, got a flashlight with you for walking in the dark? now you have something to strike someone with, got long hair, carry some hairspray with you, now you have some spray for eyes and a metal can.

Latest

Trending

Trending