Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in a PhD program and I'm taking a class which requires us to complete homework assignments. On the syllabus it says that homework is due prior to class. I had completed the homework a few days before class but hadn't emailed it to the professor yet so I ended up sending 4 hours before the class started. His response to my email was : GREAT... 11th hour finish. How rude/inappropriate do you think this is considering that the homework wasn't even past due?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in a PhD program and I'm taking a class which requires us to complete homework assignments. On the syllabus it says that homework is due prior to class. I had completed the homework a few days before class but hadn't emailed it to the professor yet so I ended up sending 4 hours before the class started. His response to my email was : GREAT... 11th hour finish. How rude/inappropriate do you think this is considering that the homework wasn't even past due?
    I think the problem is split 50/50. 50 for you not sending it when you could've. 50 for him not replying like a understanding teacher since there are always those last minute homework doers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You should also consider the fact that homework takes time marking, and that no teacher gets paid extra for this long process of marking.

ReputationRep:
    chill out, you haven't been marked down and it might have just been a joke plus as someone said he may have had to mark it before class which means giving him only 4 hours where he then can't choose when he does it is frustrating

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.