Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'am dropping out of university in my 2nd year and considering in going to an open university. My question is, because I already used 2 years funding from student finance, would I have to pay for the first year?.

If so, how would I go get help in getting assistance in funding the first year?.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamasu)
    Hey, I'am dropping out of university in my 2nd year and considering in going to an open university. My question is, because I already used 2 years funding from student finance, would I have to pay for the first year?.

If so, how would I go get help in getting assistance in funding the first year?.
    Part time and full time funding is considered separately by SFE so you should be fine to apply for a part time loan and still be covered by SFE. However, think very carefully before dropping out at this point. There may be no going back into full time education if you decide against the OU, and it is tough at the OU. Consider how you will afford to live whilst studying without maintenance loans/grants etc. It is hard working and studying and not a decision which should be taken lightly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.