Turn on thread page Beta

Household Income Supporting Application? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im having a problem with my student finance. My mum completed her part of the household income section on the 11th of September and im still waiting for a response from student finance about the status of my application regarding the extra maintenance loan amount i should get. Right now im only getting the minimum amount of £4000 which isnt even enough to pay rent for the year. Ive looked at other people with the same issue and people are saying it takes 21 working days, but it's been a while now and ive heard nothing. Im eligible for the full amount and im anxious to move into student commendation but i cant since i cant even pay the full rent, any help?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Adster16)
    Im having a problem with my student finance. My mum completed her part of the household income section on the 11th of September and im still waiting for a response from student finance about the status of my application regarding the extra maintenance loan amount i should get. Right now im only getting the minimum amount of £4000 which isnt even enough to pay rent for the year. Ive looked at other people with the same issue and people are saying it takes 21 working days, but it's been a while now and ive heard nothing. Im eligible for the full amount and im anxious to move into student commendation but i cant since i cant even pay the full rent, any help?
    Ring them up. Explain your situation. If they are at fault (which it sounds like they are) then they should sort it out for you. If they don't or are making it difficult for you, my advice would be to officially complain, and in that complaint ask for any compensation over accommodation that you may have lost out on due to their failings.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.