Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My younger sister gets everything she wants Watch

I try to be nice and get my younger sister food like McDonald's ice cream and sometimes soda or candy but only once and a while. We had to work at concessions for our school volleyball game today. While we are working there she asks me to get her a soda and I said no. So she goes and texts our mother and says that I won't get her a soda because I said no. So I get yelled at through texts by my mom telling me to buy her soda. On the other hand, I hardly ask for anything. But my sister is driving me broke. I don't know what to do. It is possible that I will get paid back but that is only possible not for certain. I need advice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't get her the 'soda'. You may get shouted at but she wont get what she wants. If you suffer at least she will too rather than just you. It may sound petty but your sister sounds like a brat. She has to learn somehow and short of a slap to the face lol this is the only way I can see.

ReputationRep:
    If no matter what you do, you suffer, migh as well give her a taste of her own medicine.

Or you could talk to her. But your call.

ReputationRep:
    Well if she needs a drink then absolutely go get her one, but I see no reason that you should be forced to buy her soda.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her if she wants it she has to pay for it. You'll get shouted at but your sister has to learn that she can't go through life turning to her mum every time she doesn't get her way. Can you imagine her at work, asking for a pay rise, her boss says no and her crying to her mum about it? No she can't act like that and she needs to learn that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I try to be nice and get my younger sister food like McDonald's ice cream and sometimes soda or candy but only once and a while. We had to work at concessions for our school volleyball game today. While we are working there she asks me to get her a soda and I said no. So she goes and texts our mother and says that I won't get her a soda because I said no. So I get yelled at through texts by my mom telling me to buy her soda. On the other hand, I hardly ask for anything. But my sister is driving me broke. I don't know what to do. It is possible that I will get paid back but that is only possible not for certain. I need advice.

why are you buying all her food out of your own pocket?

are you her sister or her mother

ReputationRep:
    With my younger sister, I voluntarily take some money aside for her. She doesn't take it anymore, but I used to budget an amount and tell her to spend how she needs/wants or to save it up. It was a very small amount anyway, but she knew she wouldn't get more from me, no matter what. Unless I personally wanted to treat her to something, but thats something else.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you both? Talk about it with your mom
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    are you me?

I literally spoil my wee bab, give her everything to my last pence. I'm basically her dad. Love her to death and do it cos I want to, feel no regrets ever. But I get you, however, my little siblings NEVER snitch on me, especially nowadays, you need to develop a bond with her so she doesn't disrespect you like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.