Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

I have just started my 2nd year in computer science, and I was wondering if it is still possible for me to achieve a 2:1, or first class?

My first year weighted average was 52.3%. We have a total of 120 credits modules each year, split between 6 modules.

I am asking about this as my university transferred me onto an ordinary degree after finishing 1st year, this was due to the fact that I did not pass 2 modules even at resit in first year.

Even if I carry on doing the ordinary degree will it be a 3rd class classification only? Or will it be like BSc Ordinary Computer Science 2:1. 2:2 ?

All replies are greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    An ordinary degree is usually not classified and is below a 3rd. To get a 3rd, 2:2, 2:1, 1st you usually need to have passed 360 credits.

As you don't have the credits you can only get a 'pass', i.e. ordinary degree. Is there any way to make up the credits?

You really need to look at the rules for award for your university as different unis will have very different requirements for award.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.