The Student Room Group

Current Oxford Students Contact List

Want to ask a current (or past) student something?

Check out the list of TSR members who have volunteered to answer questions: Current Oxford Students Contact List

If you feel comfortable doing so, you're strongly encouraged to post in the relevant thread in the colleges sub-forum or courses sub-forum - each of which contain dedicated threads where you can ask any questions and meet both current students and prospective applicants.

If you're a current/ex student who wants to be added to the list, either edit the wiki yourself, or reply to this thread.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The up to date lists are on the wiki, please look there: Current Oxford Students Contact List

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
College: St peter's
Subject: English language and literature
Year entered: 2006
Year leaving: 2009
Reply 3
Why did you bump this?:confused:
Reply 4
To be added to Stu's list, presumably, although Cal's done something weird with the contents to make them a wiki page or something (I don't understand what, exactly...)
Reply 5
College: St.Cross
Subject: Modern Middle Eastern Studies, Arabic
Year entered: 2007
Year leaving: 2009

:rolleyes:
Reply 6
they used to offer an Economics and Politics joint honors degree? Without the Philosophy? My God!
Reply 7
I'm going to hazard a guess it's actually PPE - but you drop one after your first year so some people do PP and some do PE and some do EP and some REALLY crazy people do all 3 although I think that's being phased out.
Would someone mind explaining to me what *has* been done to this thread? The thread title has been changed to "Oxford Sticky"? Or moved across from somewhere, or what? Also, it's called "Sticky"... and yet isn't a sticky? :confused:
Reply 9
F1 fanatic
Would someone mind explaining to me what *has* been done to this thread? The thread title has been changed to "Oxford Sticky"? Or moved across from somewhere, or what? Also, it's called "Sticky"... and yet isn't a sticky? :confused:

As far as I can see, this is the thread that the "Useful Resources" (above "Thread / Thread Starter) section links too. Over there, this thread is called "Current Oxford Students List".
I don't mean to nit-pick (well, actually I do...) but your colour key seems to suggest that the current student's names will be in bright green if they're regulars, although on the list they're navy. Admittedly, you'd hope potential Oxford applicants wouldn't be too confused by that, but you never know.
shinyhappy
I don't mean to nit-pick (well, actually I do...) but your colour key seems to suggest that the current student's names will be in bright green if they're regulars, although on the list they're navy. Admittedly, you'd hope potential Oxford applicants wouldn't be too confused by that, but you never know.

That's because I never get round to sorting out that bit. It was intended that there would be subject and college regulars, but few subjects or colleges seem to have anyone to offer and so it all seemed a bit pointless. It's remained in with the vague intention of adding it in at some point but it hasn't happened yet.
Reply 12
Well I think it's a wonderful idea and very, very useful...so thank you!
Reply 13
Name: Carl
College: Balliol
Subject: Chemistry
Year entered: 2006
Year leaving: 2010
Name: Martin
College: St Hughs
Subject: Medicine
Year leaving: 2013
Reply 15
Name: Rhia
College: Pembroke
Subject: Medicine
Year leaving: 2013
Name: Stephen
College: St. Hilda's
Subject: Modern Languages (French and German)
Year entered: 2008
Year leaving: 2012
I... don't really think this thread's still active, chaps.
Reply 18
It's some other kind of resource now, I think. I will try and remember how I update that...
It's a useful resource link is all (as far as I know) so it just links to this thread rather than it being a sticky. The last time I updated this thread the site was being weird, before I do it again are there any new freshers who would like to go on zer list?

Athena
It's some other kind of resource now, I think. I will try and remember how I update that...

That is assuming you want it updated Athena?

Quick Reply