Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My name is Alexander Grogan and I'm in year 13 at my college and thinking about the University of Huddersfield for university next year to do a law course.

Could anyone (current students or staff) tell me which is the best accommodation to stay in because I am drawn between Storthes (for the Venue and I've seen horrible reviews about it) or Snow Island.

Thanking you in advance,
    Alexander Grogan

(PS, granted this is irrelevant but, I am a big fan of Nickelback so again, any advice on accommodation would help here as I am planning on bringing my CDs up)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XanderGrogan20)
    My name is Alexander Grogan and I'm in year 13 at my college and thinking about the University of Huddersfield for university next year to do a law course.

Could anyone (current students or staff) tell me which is the best accommodation to stay in because I am drawn between Storthes (for the Venue and I've seen horrible reviews about it) or Snow Island.

Thanking you in advance,
    Alexander Grogan

(PS, granted this is irrelevant but, I am a big fan of Nickelback so again, any advice on accommodation would help here as I am planning on bringing my CDs up)
    Hi XanderGrogan20

It's great to see you're thinking about studying with us next year. We know you're after genuine students' information here, and we're sure the community will share their experiences with you. In the meantime, we can point you towards some of our student bloggers who have written about various accommodation options available in the town, which you may find helpful:
    http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/myun...accommodation/

Our official information about accommodation is on our website here: https://www.hud.ac.uk/uni-life/accommodation/

We hope this helps, let us know if there's anything else we can help you with

Sarah - UoH

ReputationRep:
    Hey, not a student but in year 13 also thinking about huddersfield.

I've been and looked at all the accomodation by unitestudents (firth point, snow island, saw mill) and they're good for the room and there location.

I didn't bother going to look at storthes hall in person so i can't say anything about that but i know i dont want to go there, our guide for unite accomodations were telling us how he knew students staying there and theyre not happy about it, that it has mould and it's just poor quality.

So yeah personally i'd stick with snow island, good luck though with whatever you pick.

ReputationRep:
    Castings is also a good choice to go for!

It depends what you want/looking for and budget wise.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, just gone back to Huddersfield today and narrowed it down to 2: Snow Island and Saw Mill. I have a part-time job at the moment and trying to make my bank account large after just withdrawing the money for the £250 deposit.

Which one should I go for??

I am a quiet, studious person who may become more social in Uni and i've been speaking to John today at Snow and he seems nice.

Thanks for your advice.

Xander.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XanderGrogan20)
    Ok, just gone back to Huddersfield today and narrowed it down to 2: Snow Island and Saw Mill. I have a part-time job at the moment and trying to make my bank account large after just withdrawing the money for the £250 deposit.

Which one should I go for??

I am a quiet, studious person who may become more social in Uni and i've been speaking to John today at Snow and he seems nice.

Thanks for your advice.

Xander.
    You pay the £250 deposit online just so that it can be put into an DPS.

Both of them are good choices, I'd say Saw Mill contains bigger flats, so they're of 10 people give or take, so this might be something to think about.

Snow Island is a bit smaller which might be better for you and it's not too far from the university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.