Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Year In China Programme | Study Abroad | XJTLU Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

University of Liverpool offers a variety of study abroad programmes and one of them is the Year in China Programme which I am currently doing.

I am currently in Suzhou in China where I am studying at the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University and I wanted to share with you my experience.

If you are interested I made this video of my first week in Suzhou and I am planning to make more on studying and living as a foreign student in China.

Here is the link to the video on my YouTube http://bit.ly/YearInChina_ep1

I also use instagram story to post every day so if you're interested just follow me and get in touch with me if you have any questions (@bombo.clat)

If you like the video please leave like and comment. If you want to support me please subscribe to my channel. It will definitely encourage me to create new videos

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    Hello may I ask how much did your tuition fees for this trip cost? I am interested in this study abroad programme to China and I want to study Medicine at Liverpool and as a medical student I will be eligible for this year abroad. I have done some research and I found that it apparently only cost over £1000, I think this is strangely low for a whole year abroad but since the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is a project between Liverpool and china, this may actually be the real cost of the tuition fee.However I am still doubtful, when I go onto the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University website, the tutition fee there is around £10,000. I really appreciate your response. Also since this year abroad adds a year onto your normal degree (e.g if your course was originally 3 years it would be 4 with the year in China) would that mean when you return from China, you would be in the year below since everyone who didn't go to China continued with their degree in Liverpool? So you would lose your course mates since they would be the year above you and they'd graduate before you too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelsea1605)
    Hello may I ask how much did your tuition fees for this trip cost? I am interested in this study abroad programme to China and I want to study Medicine at Liverpool and as a medical student I will be eligible for this year abroad. I have done some research and I found that it apparently only cost over £1000, I think this is strangely low for a whole year abroad but since the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is a project between Liverpool and china, this may actually be the real cost of the tuition fee.However I am still doubtful, when I go onto the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University website, the tutition fee there is around £10,000. I really appreciate your response. Also since this year abroad adds a year onto your normal degree (e.g if your course was originally 3 years it would be 4 with the year in China) would that mean when you return from China, you would be in the year below since everyone who didn't go to China continued with their degree in Liverpool? So you would lose your course mates since they would be the year above you and they'd graduate before you too?

Hi! I replied to your comment on the YouTube video

ReputationRep:
    Thank u so much, haha I was pretty eager to find out which is why I posted it on here as well😂

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.