The Student Room Group

Advice on what to do with a odd boyfriend

I have been going out with him for a year.
He has a very small family (mum,dad,sister and two grandparents) whilst I come from a huge family, with plenty of family friends.... his family do not have any friends....

He has settled in with mine pretty well, considering he has never met anyone who smokes, drinks, has tattoos ect before... I think he lived a very deprived childhood, no parties, not many friends, not normal teenage growing up.

ANYWAY. He works so much I barely see him, and I havent even met his family yet.. I dont think he has many friends either, I really like him but are we too different? he is a little ocd about things and sometimes I have no idea what he is thinking, he just goes quiet and stares into space.. it did freak me out a bit.

I know your all going to say end it, but he does treat me well and takes me away on holidays, ive never had that before.
The key to a successful relationship is communication. Don't communicate your feels about your boyfriend to strangers online. Communicate them to your boyfriend. Tell him how you're feeling. Then he might be able to provide an explanation for you. It'll never work if you talk to other people instead of him.
Tell him how your feeling and if he can't help you work through it he's not right for you.
Reply 3
Why are you dating someone if you have such a negative view of them? You did state yourself ' I know you are all going to say end it' however I only say end it because you clearly don't have a good view of him. So how can you even like him? It's almost like you are looking for excuses yourself for a way out.
Reply 4
Original post by Banksyy
I have been going out with him for a year.
He has a very small family (mum,dad,sister and two grandparents) whilst I come from a huge family, with plenty of family friends.... his family do not have any friends....

He has settled in with mine pretty well, considering he has never met anyone who smokes, drinks, has tattoos ect before... I think he lived a very deprived childhood, no parties, not many friends, not normal teenage growing up.

ANYWAY. He works so much I barely see him, and I havent even met his family yet.. I dont think he has many friends either, I really like him but are we too different? he is a little ocd about things and sometimes I have no idea what he is thinking, he just goes quiet and stares into space.. it did freak me out a bit.

I know your all going to say end it, but he does treat me well and takes me away on holidays, ive never had that before.

you're just staying with him for the holidays he takes you on
I'm really not seeing what your problem is. He's not odd just because his family isn't the same as yours.

My boyfriend comes from a family like yours, and I come from a family like your boyfriend's. Not once has it caused problems, because this is not a real problem.
The only positive thing you said is that he treats you and takes you on holidays. Is there anything else you like about him?

From what I have read, it seems like you aren't very compatible.

Have you tried to spend more time with him, or ask to meet his family yet?
Yeah you're an odd gf who complains on forums behind his back rather than having the communication skills to discuss this with him directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending