Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oct 11th: Are you getting enough sleep? Watch

Announcements
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting enough sleep?

On this week’s Surgery we’re talking about sleep.

Are you getting enough? Do you struggle to sleep? Or are you sleeping too much? Is your sleep pattern erratic or out of sync? We’re exploring how sleep can affect other parts of our lives, like our mental health. Let us know what your experiences are, and we’ll try to help you on the show.

Please note you can post anonymously

=BBC Radio 1;74024014]Are you getting enough sleep?

Are you getting enough? Do you struggle to sleep? Or are you sleeping too much? Is your sleep pattern erratic or out of sync? We’re exploring how sleep can affect other parts of our lives, like our mental health. Let us know what your experiences are, and we’ll try to help you on the show.

Please note you can post anonymously[/QUOTE]

I can fall asleep easily and often sleep for 8-10 hours a day, but in the morning I'm still so very tired and groggy and don't understand why.
    I am a 17-year-old girl.

I cannot sleep at night peacefully, But in the afternoon I feel so tired.I'm A 13 year old boy>
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    Are you getting enough sleep?

Please note you can post anonymously
    I struggle to get to sleep which can be frustrating but I usually have 8 to 10 hours sleep at night but never feel refreshed but that's because of my health conditions. My sleep pattern is all over the place.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have sleepless nights trying to remember the difference between amnesia and insomnia.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16
    I don't really get that much sleep, especially on school days. i get about 6 hours if i'm lucky
    On weekends, i wake up earlier than i'd like, due to having to wake up early on weekdays
    It means that on a night, i get tired really easily. But i'm tired during the day too...
    This probably affects my ability to think and do work, due to being tired all the time

ReputationRep:
    I usually sleep for 4-5 hours each night, and it has no impact on my day to day routine.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I need a lot of good quality sleep and regularly, otherwise my brain functionality is massively reduced and I lose logical thinking skills and even the ability to process information efficiently. Of course, I don't actually get this regular, long, good quality sleep but as of recent I'm trying to. Also needs to be sleep early, wake up early; apparently the same length of sleep in any other interval is nowhere near as good for me.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I hardly get any sleep.
    It's one of the hardest things I find to do.
    It takes about an hour and a half to go to sleep and then I wake up on numerous occasions during the night, more often on school nights and less than normal since the start of the academic year

ReputationRep:
    I sleep soundly for 9 hours but I find it difficult to get out of bed in the morning and feel tired throughout the day

ReputationRep:
    I work night shifts at the moment, so my sleep is seriously disturbed. I'll see the sunrise going home and stay up for a few hours longer, which means I'll get maybe a maximum of six hours before I have to get up and rush back to work. My asthma also bothers me when I'm in bed, so the quality of my sleep is generally poor at the best of times. Wash, rinse, repeat 40+ hours a week. Days off? Forget about them. I'm stuck in bed for almost the entirety of them and barely have the strength to lift my head off of my pillow. When I eventually come to, I'll get up and eat a small meal and guzzle a protein shake or two, then go straight back to bed. Needless to say, I have no social life nowadays and barely find three or four opportunities during the week to get to the gym and lift (my only real passion in life at the moment). This is what it takes to earn above minimum wage in the UK? My two degrees really paid off in the end...

ReputationRep:
    I don't sleep too good still. I'm supposed to fix my sleeping pattern but giving up on it. I'll probs change my mind on that in a few

ReputationRep:
    Not enough hours in the day for this thing you call 'sleep'

ReputationRep:
    Not at all lmao, no matter how early I go to sleep I'll always wake up so many times in the middle of the night and then when it comes time for the real thing...

ReputationRep:
    on weekends I sleep plus 12 hours

on weekdays if I'm lucky 5 whole hours

It averages out I guess

ReputationRep:
    I can never have 'enough' sleep - every night I come back for more.

I sleep fine on weekends when I don't have uni in the morning and get a decent 7-8 hours but I often have sleepless nights when I do have uni in the morning. Maybe it's because I'm not enjoying uni and dread going so can't switch my brain off at night. I used to have occasional sleepless nights when at school but not as much as I do now. Also, my sleep pattern has been diabolical ever since about March where I was staying up until 3am to get coursework done or revise for exams and then getting up at about 8 or 9am the following morning to go to school. I find if I go to bed early now no matter how tired I am I just can't sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I usually sleep for 8 hours and I can usually get to sleep easily, however when I wake up in the morning (At 6:30am) I feel super groggy and tired and I'm not sure why. (I'm a 14 year old girl)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    During working days I almost don't sleep enough, in contrast to the weekend. Sometimes I have a bad sleep and being tired for the rest of the day. It is the same when I had bad dreams or too nervous to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Between 8-10 hours daily.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.