Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently studying BTEC Level 3 ICT at my college, it's a two year course. I previously did level 2 two years ago and took a year out last year due to a health issue.

I have come back and we have one new tutor (the other one being completely fine and she learns us). This tutor has just recently started their new job, but after talking to other students in my course we're not sure if she's good at her job (not sure if that sounds snobby or harsh, it's just the truth). She doesn't really learn us anything. She sets us assignments and makes us do the research ourselves without explaining the assignment briefs or anything like that.

The other tutor, however, has been in the job for years and is the reason I passed my level 2 course. But this tutor that has just started is more of an overseer than an actual teacher. I and nobody else in my course can recall actually being taught anything from her.

I would like to know my options - do I make a complaint? Do we go to her and tell her we aren't happy? The tutor that has been in the job for a few years is head of the department so maybe going to her might be an idea, but we don't know what we are supposed to do. She is a nice person so we feel guilty in doing so but at the end of the day it is our future.

Cheers

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.