Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

intercalation thoughts? no specific interests in particular specialties or fields Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey!

so im thinking of intercalating (im currently in my 3rd year of med) but as weird as this sounds, i don't have any set or particular interests in particular fields in medicine. I kinda like everything, I have no idea what im super super interested in. I mean during pre clinical lectures there were some things that interested me more than others, but nothing that really got my attention.

main reason why im intercalating is for fpas points, and i want to get some new skills,challenge myself and move away from my current uni for a bit.

so, what courses could i apply to which aren't too specific into one field (if you know what i mean?)

i like the idea of medical law but ive never come across anything to do with law in any academic environment. would you recommend applying for this course if you have never had previous exposure?

thanks for the help in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hello

From what I've heard of medic friends who intercalated for the sake of intercalating rather than out of interest for a particular field...

- Most really disliked their year, and most of these people picked something generic like Physiology
    - Some discovered new interests and loved their intercalated year despite not having anything fixed they liked in mind

So I guess it really depends!

Does your university have some sort of fair where you can go along and talk to people manning different stalls? That may give you some inspiration!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.