Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Man loses case against IVF clinic for unwanted child. Watch

ReputationRep:
    A man has lost his case against a Clinic after the clinic was duped by his ex forging his signature to have an 'unwanted' daughter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41525215

Does this mean he now has to pay for a child for 18 that he didn't want or consent for despite doing everything by the book? I personally think he should be absolved of all parental and financial responsibility and it should all fall on the mother who forged his signature or the clinic who didn't check properly.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting. I agree with you. He should be absolved of all financial responsibility and the ex should be prosecuted for fraud.
    I am female and seem to differ from most in that I believe a father should have as many rights over pregnancy and abortion as the mother
    For the sake of the child however I hope he can maintain some sort of parental role as she too is an innocent victim in this By doing so hopefully he can dispel the poison the mother will no doubt drip into the child as she’s growing up. What a sad situation

ReputationRep:
    IVF clinics must be extremely lax to allow a single signature to determine if an embryo is thawed or not :/

ReputationRep:
    I just posted a thread about this too. :lol: Guess mine can be deleted or merged.

Anyway, the article doesn’t mention whether he has to pay child support or not, just that the clinic doesn’t have to. If he is burdened with that then it makes me sick to me stomach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I just posted a thread about this too. :lol: Guess mine can be deleted or merged.

Anyway, the article doesn’t mention whether he has to pay child support or not, just that the clinic doesn’t have to. If he is burdened with that then it makes me sick to me stomach.
    I did look but my phone has a tendency to not work properly lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babsxox)
    IVF clinics must be extremely lax to allow a single signature to determine if an embryo is thawed or not :/
    If I read correctly, the clinic thought they had 2 signatures. The mother forgered the father's signature for consent. I would have though it would have been better to do this in person rather than on paper though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.