Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Let me start by saying I have already been accepted for the basic maintenance loan and have received my first payment for it. That application was created automatically for me back in March. However, In August I applied for my finance to be based on my household income. (This is my third year of Student Finance, first year having it based on household income.) Every time I have called to check my application I have always been told the processing time is 21 days. When that 21 days was up, I called again only to be told it would be sorted in the next 24-48 hours. Still nothing happened and when I called again, the person I spoke to said he would put my application through referral and that that meant it would be looked at in the next 4 days. It's now been well over a week since that last phone call and over 30 days in total and still nothing. I feel like I am just being strung along here and that each time I call they tell me it'll be x many more days but then they don't actually do anything. I've never had an issue with student finance before so this is really started to bother me. Especially since I need that extra income by the end of October for my rent. I am sooo close to ringing up and filing a formal complaint because every time I call whoever answers just doesn't seem to want to help me and pushes me off the phone as quickly as they can. It's ridiculous.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatsGoingOn93)
    Hi, Let me start by saying I have already been accepted for the basic maintenance loan and have received my first payment for it. That application was created automatically for me back in March. However, In August I applied for my finance to be based on my household income. (This is my third year of Student Finance, first year having it based on household income.) Every time I have called to check my application I have always been told the processing time is 21 days. When that 21 days was up, I called again only to be told it would be sorted in the next 24-48 hours. Still nothing happened and when I called again, the person I spoke to said he would put my application through referral and that that meant it would be looked at in the next 4 days. It's now been well over a week since that last phone call and over 30 days in total and still nothing. I feel like I am just being strung along here and that each time I call they tell me it'll be x many more days but then they don't actually do anything. I've never had an issue with student finance before so this is really started to bother me. Especially since I need that extra income by the end of October for my rent. I am sooo close to ringing up and filing a formal complaint because every time I call whoever answers just doesn't seem to want to help me and pushes me off the phone as quickly as they can. It's ridiculous.
    Hi WhatsGoingOn93,

To help you better can I ask who is supporting your application, is it your parents or partner and do you have children ?

Secondly was it the PFF2 and the form to Include Household Income in your Application for 2017 that you sent, also were you advised when was it received by us ?

You mentioned also that you called recently and were advised your application had been referred, can you tell me what date you were given for the referral ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi WhatsGoingOn93,

To help you better can I ask who is supporting your application, is it your parents or partner and do you have children ?

Secondly was it the PFF2 and the form to Include Household Income in your Application for 2017 that you sent, also were you advised when was it received by us ?

You mentioned also that you called recently and were advised your application had been referred, can you tell me what date you were given for the referral ?

Thanks Rona
    Hi, it's my partner and no i dont have children. It was the PFF2 form and everything was received September 6th. I called up on sep 29th which is when they put it through referral. i called up just now and got told it was passed to another department and that it would take another 5 days, but they didnt say what department.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, it's my partner and no i dont have children. It was the PFF2 form and everything was received September 6th. I called up on sep 29th which is when they put it through referral. i called up just now and got told it was passed to another department and that it would take another 5 days, but they didnt say what department.
    Hi WhatsGoingOn93,

I can only give you general information as cannot access your account.

It sounds as if your application has been passed to the assessors to be income assessed.

Once it is processed, you can be confident that any additional entitlement will be backdated and submitted as an interim payment and your future instalments will be adjusted accordingly.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Will I likely have to sign another declaration?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Will I likely have to sign another declaration?
    Hi WhatsGoingOn93,

You won't have to sign another declaration once the application has been reassessed using the household income provided.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi WhatsGoingOn93,

You won't have to sign another declaration once the application has been reassessed using the household income provided.

Regards,

Stuart
    So, after many calls to Student Finance I was finally informed that the reason my application hadn't progressed any further yet was because they needed me to fill out and send the original form again. Despite the fact that I called when I got it and asked them if I really needed to fill it in because I had already sent it and I was told NO. and the many times I called afterwards, no one read the note about this form I needed to send it so I've only just found out about it. I'm really pissed off this has caused me so much stress and now it's added even more stress. I want to make sure this form is 100% satisfactory this time. It says if a question doesnt apply to you, to put N/A does this include any sections that a previous question has told me to skip?? For example, when I answer question 2.6 with 'No' it tell me to go to section 4. Does this mean I can leave section 3 blank or do I need to fill it in with N/A??

ReputationRep:
    So, after many calls to Student Finance I was finally informed that the reason my application hadn't progressed any further yet was because they needed me to fill out and send the original form again. Despite the fact that I called when I got it and asked them if I really needed to fill it in because I had already sent it and I was told NO. and the many times I called afterwards, no one read the note about this form I needed to send it so I've only just found out about it. I'm really pissed off this has caused me so much stress and now it's added even more stress. I want to make sure this form is 100% satisfactory this time. It says if a question doesnt apply to you, to put N/A does this include any sections that a previous question has told me to skip?? For example, when I answer question 2.6 with 'No' it tell me to go to section 4. Does this mean I can leave section 3 blank or do I need to fill it in with N/A??
    Hi WhatsGoingOn93,

If individual questions require an 'N/A' then you should provide that as the answer on the form.

But if you can skip an entire section due to answers given previously there is no need to complete that section.

Regards,

Stuart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.