Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should vlog channels make more money than doctors,engineers and lawyers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that every video I see on youtube consists of 18-25 year old individuals,some who despite dropping out of school,earn more money than doctors,engineers and layers.Most seem to live in mansions and buy luxurious cars.Why? For simply holding a camera and showing themselves having fun? I get that they use advertisements,but still, they should not be payed millions of dollars.As compared to these professions where you basically have to push yourself to the absolute limits to only get considered by universities,getting paid that much for vlogging seems utter madness!Perhaps the world is unfair afterall.

ReputationRep:
    existence is cruel and capitalism is death
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Why is it that every video I see on youtube consists of 18-25 year old individuals,some who despite dropping out of school,earn more money than doctors,engineers and layers.Most seem to live in mansions and buy luxurious cars.Why? For simply holding a camera and showing themselves having fun? I get that they use advertisements,but still, they should not be payed millions of dollars.As compared to these professions where you basically have to push yourself to the absolute limits to only get considered by universities,getting paid that much for vlogging seems utter madness!Perhaps the world is unfair afterall.
    When you view it that way then it's bad, but different careers and paths lead to different things. Some lead to fame, some fortune, some education and career. They only get millions from those advertisers because so many people are tuned in. If a doctor or lawyer had a huge fan base, they would receive a lot of money in sponsors and funding because of their supportive fans bringing them media attention. Nearly everyone with a large fan base earns a lot of money, whilst doctors, engineers and lawyers don't. You might find that doctors and lawyers don't want the money, only to do their job well and help people. It's not always about the money.
    The world is very unfair so don't dwell on it and make life the way you want it to be.

Consumerism + millenials.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by arizonaidiot)
      no way jose, are they saving lives or providing vital services?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.