Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is complete world peace possible? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I mean no country with any conflict whatsoever with any other country. Every country lives in harmony with every other country where there are no sanctions, no conflicts, no proxy wars and everyone just getting along as people of the same planet?

I believe in the future at some point we'll reach a point where there is genuine world peace and the world will unite for the first time to ensure the survival of the human race and pull their resources and intelligence together to pursue space exploration, medical advances and human rights.

I doubt we'll see it within our life times though

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think so, but there'll always be bullies.

Sometimes they're 7 yr olds in the playground, but sometimes they're not...

Any system that's designed to suppress them, no matter how good the intentions are, will create backlash and the utopia you envisage will be anything but.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so...

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    For there to be world peace we would need to rid the world of sexism, racism, homophobia and all over forms of hatred in addition to all weapons but violence has always been in the hearts of men since the humans have been around. It's not something I think we will be ale to get rid of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    I mean no country with any conflict whatsoever with any other country. Every country lives in harmony with every other country where there are no sanctions, no conflicts, no proxy wars and everyone just getting along as people of the same planet?

I believe in the future at some point we'll reach a point where there is genuine world peace and the world will unite for the first time to ensure the survival of the human race and pull their resources and intelligence together to pursue space exploration, medical advances and human rights.

We already have it in the developed west. If everyone else follows our example then it should be possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    We already have it in the developed west. If everyone else follows our example then it should be possible.
    I don't think we do as there is still racism in the Western world in addition to shootings, rape, murders and other crimes.

ReputationRep:
    possible, but extremely unlikely. a utopia is the collection of humanity's greatest desires, which conflict each other, so its unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catsarefamily)
    I don't think we do as there is still racism in the Western world in addition to shootings, rape, murders and other crimes.
    There is complete peace between countries. Most of those crimes you mention are highly concentrated in communities from non-developed-western countries since the people still widely have values from their original countries
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    A blunt way of looking at it but you are right.

ReputationRep:
    I read something a while back and it said something like "War is a natural human action" or something like that.
    Just think, humans have been fighting since they first walked the planet.

ReputationRep:
    On the contrast, the Bible says that after many years of fighting, the Lord Jesus will return and rid this world of war, and take everyone to Heaven with Him, where everyone will live in harmony.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately not.... our species of dysfunctional monkey has an addiction to violence and disruption.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)

Let's pray that it happens.

ReputationRep:
    Never going to happen

ReputationRep:
    No because Homo sapiens. Even plants aren't at peace with each other, you expect humans to be?

ReputationRep:
    Doubtful. What can essentially be simplified as inter-tribal conflict is a fundamental aspect of human behavior. We form groups, those groups don't always get along due to competition or conflicts of interest, so things eventually turn violent. We can attempt to minimise that violence by policing these groups, encouraging diplomatic solutions and trying to prevent conflicts of interest from happening in the first place, but this will never really change what we are and what we will resort to when the fabric of cooperation breaks under pressures we cannot so easily control.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it can but it won't happen because people are just becoming more and more divided.

ReputationRep:
    No
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    In principle, yes. In practise, who knows? One day, perhaps, but right now we're a long way from that being a potential option.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.