ReputationRep:
    maybe we will evolve like with peace if we started now I think its possible
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    go head start procreating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    I mean no country with any conflict whatsoever with any other country. Every country lives in harmony with every other country where there are no sanctions, no conflicts, no proxy wars and everyone just getting along as people of the same planet?

I believe in the future at some point we'll reach a point where there is genuine world peace and the world will unite for the first time to ensure the survival of the human race and pull their resources and intelligence together to pursue space exploration, medical advances and human rights.

I doubt we'll see it within our life times though
    Is it possible to get everyone single person int he world to at least agree on the answer to a general question?(we not including maths here lol)

ReputationRep:
    I mean no country with any conflict whatsoever with any other country. Every country lives in harmony with every other country where there are no sanctions, no conflicts, no proxy wars and everyone just getting along as people of the same planet?

I believe in the future at some point we'll reach a point where there is genuine world peace and the world will unite for the first time to ensure the survival of the human race and pull their resources and intelligence together to pursue space exploration, medical advances and human rights.

Probably not but we can always Imagine...
    https://youtu.be/YkgkThdzX-8

ReputationRep:

Yes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp2)
    Is it possible to get everyone single person int he world to at least agree on the answer to a general question?(we not including maths here lol)
    Even on maths you'll probably find some people who don't agree

But I just mean complete peace between countries and inside countries.

ReputationRep:
    No. Human nature means that could never work. There are always people looking to start fights. I think we could have something close to that.. but the question is would it be a peaceful and FREE society... or would the peace be kept by strict rules and harsh punishments for those that breach it??

ReputationRep:
    Even on maths you'll probably find some people who don't agree

But I just mean complete peace between countries and inside countries.
    same thing because there's barely much compared to what there is of what every single person can agree on and every single person can't agree on. There's almost always going to be a split

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely i think unless the world has a unified enemy eg an alien race. So while all countries aren't fighting with each other they're still fighting...
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    In theory I think it should be possible. People can co-operate on a small scale (e.g. living together), on a large scale (e.g. in a nation state), and even on an international scale (e.g. the EU), but currently certain cultural and political realities make cooperation difficult on a global scale.

I'm optimistic that these can be overcome, but it will take a long time (or serious motivation, for example the arrival of aliens). Cooperation requires wisdom, and wisdom can be learnt, but we don't have enough of it yet.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it is possible but to be realistic countries are always going to fight over resources and land.

ReputationRep:
    Across geographic boundaries, all around the world, transcending race, religion, language, cultures, there is a strikingly common thread of commonality-that one day, while the world (or that particular land or country) is plunged into turmoil-there would emerge one, who would be usher in judgment, build a world of peace and unity and destroy evil. This notion, it has various different names, the stories of that Ancient One, comes with differences, for example, between those in Meso American Incan culture, the Native Americans, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Buddhist, Hindus, etc. All these areas of the world tell of a Messiah like figure, sometimes there are two-the Messiah like figure and then the one who is the Vicegerent of The Lord of The Worlds(Mahdi, for example), The Creator, or whatever names that this one or holy ones are called by.

So, this re-current theme can not be accidental. I do believe this day will come, where there be one world, one government of peace and justice and equality, but it is going to have to come from Allah/God/Yahweh/Lord Krishna/Elohim/Jehovah/Jah/Olurun/Vishnu/The Budda or whatever name of the Divine or name of the representative of the the force of Good and all that is Just-by whatever religious or non-theistic expression such a one or ones are called by-its going to take that "Divine" solution to achieve such a thing. In the meantime, of course, we must keep working towards establishing peace, to the best of our ability-for even "if Judgment comes tomorrow, we must still eat today."

ReputationRep:
    The beauty is in recognizing that principle, as you do, so that as you intimated, though we are far off, we can keep on working towards the potentiality of what we hope will be that eventuality.

(Original post by shadowdweller)
    In principle, yes. In practise, who knows? One day, perhaps, but right now we're a long way from that being a potential option.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, there probably won't ever be world peace, since it's just the way humans are. When people want things enough, they do what they can to get it, be it land money, etc. Even if we were all treated equally and shared every resource available, there'll still be some form of conflict, because everyone is different.
    I was learning about ancient Rome and they had a temple, called the Temple of Janus (the two headed God). The temple doors would remain open and only close in times of peace, when the entire Roman Empire was free of conflict. The doors actually were closed a couple of times, but of course it didn't account for every country or crimes within countries. Still, even if closing the doors was a politically motivated act by whoever was in power at the time, I think it was quite cool to have a period of celebration and peace.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.