Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So you got in to collage you are doing A levals uni seems ages away right? it's not
    and UCAS and stuff will creep up on you befor you know it you will be tring to cram in that last bit of revision befor your A2's to get in to uni and you need to stat thinkng about it now. So I have witten this littel
    guide to help you out?

1. IS UNI RIGHT FOR ME?
    This is the first question you should ask yourself. Uni is not for everyone and there are other options like Apprentships. So how do you decide if uni is right for you well
    first of all look at prospectuses you cn get these online or you collage my have there own libery of prospectuses that you can look at in your free time I would also
    recomend going to a few open days you can see the facilatys get a feeling for the
    town and you also get to see the halls and speek to the tutors.

2 THE OPEN DAYS
    So you have looked at a few prospectusesand decided that you like the look of a
    course or uni so what sould you where well whatever yiu wan't i would avoid you old school uniform or a suite wha do you usaly where Jeans trainer and some
    kind of top probaly where that .that I wen't to ran like this tere was ussal a
    welcome talk folloed by a tour of the instution and a halls toure then you get totalk to a few tutous about the cours ans suden't life an thats it.

3 UCAS Form

This is the form you have to fill in to apply for universty it's prtty normal you put in your predicted grades and stuff you also have a personal staetmant tnis is about you not how hard you work and suff but what you do in yor free time what kind of person are you. This si sen't to the univertys that you state on it. They will send
    you a conadatinal offer unconadatinal offer or a rejection. from thsese
    conadatinal and unconadatinal offers you may also be invited to an applicant day
    by your firm if you have an offer

4.DO I HAVE TO GO TO THE APPLICANT DAY
    Well no the applicant day is very similar to the open day they go in to more detale about your course and you get to meet some tutours it is another chance to
    take a look round the uni and make shoure you want to go there.

5. MY FIRM REJECTED ME
    Don't worry if you got in to your backup you are good to go if you wan't to make
    shore call up your backup to confrm that you are in you may need to call the
    acconmdation office to get halls forms and stuff.

6. MY FIRM AND BACKUP REJECTED ME
    This si the end of the rode right well no there is this thing called clearing you can go on o the ucas website if you have not got in anywhere you are atumaticly in clering look through the courses in clearin and apply (you may need to call the
    accondation office to sort out accomdation).

7. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO MY FIRM
    ok call them up and tell them they should release you in to clearng as soon as
    (I here that 1 or 2 take ages) if you wan't to suddenly go to your second chice call them and tell them.

8.DO I HAVE TO GO TO FRESHERS WEEK
    Yes it's a chance to get to know the city and your Hall / Couse mates also you are usaly enrild in the Libary and at somepoint you get given your student card also there is the Freshers fair and stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.