Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, I am considering applying to Barts for medicine, however I'm not sure if it's too much of a risk for me:
    my gcses: 5A* 4A
    ukcat: 637.5 avg and band 1 *(5th decile)
    predictions: A*A*A plus A* in EPQ
    my tariff (including epq and sports leadership programme): 204

any advice is greatly appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure if your UKCAT is high enough, but Barts' website have UKCAT and UCAS tariff combinations that are competitive. Compare yours to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosam00)
    I'm not entirely sure if your UKCAT is high enough, but Barts' website have UKCAT and UCAS tariff combinations that are competitive. Compare yours to them.
    Ok thank you!
    I just checked the new UKCAT scores, and it seems I have moved up to the 5th decile. Would this be more advantageous, or do you think I still shouldn’t apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportyegg)
    Ok thank you!
    I just checked the new UKCAT scores, and it seems I have moved up to the 5th decile. Would this be more advantageous, or do you think I still shouldn’t apply?
    I wouldn't say that Barts would be a safe option for you, your UCAS tariff is pretty good, but from what I remember from the Barts website people still had higher UKCAT scores with a similar tariff to yours. Again, check their website to make sure. But you could put Barts down as your ambitious choice.

ReputationRep:
    no geezer. first year medic here @ barts and the London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortmeoutgeezer)
    no geezer. first year medic here @ barts and the London
    Hahah thanks..geezer
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that Barts would be a safe option for you, your UCAS tariff is pretty good, but from what I remember from the Barts website people still had higher UKCAT scores with a similar tariff to yours. Again, check their website to make sure. But you could put Barts down as your ambitious choice.
    I cannot seem to find the competitive tariffs/UKCAT scores. Do you by any chance have a link to it?

ReputationRep:
    I cannot seem to find the competitive tariffs/UKCAT scores. Do you by any chance have a link to it?
    I can't seem top find it either, they might have removed it, which is pretty annoying :/. If I find it again, I'll send you the link. You should probably ask this question though in the massive 'Which medical school I should apply to' thread, cuz there are people much more experienced than me who can help you lol.

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem top find it either, they might have removed it, which is pretty annoying :/. If I find it again, I'll send you the link. You should probably ask this question though in the massive 'Which medical school I should apply to' thread, cuz there are people much more experienced than me who can help you lol.
    Captain here http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...ne--dentistry/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.