Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am applying to uni for primary teaching and i was wondering how i would go about getting work experience at a primary school and how i would not have to miss a day of school as i am still doing my a levels and have to attend lessons.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by anjali_25)
    Hi i am applying to uni for primary teaching and i was wondering how i would go about getting work experience at a primary school and how i would not have to miss a day of school as i am still doing my a levels and have to attend lessons.
    That's a good question.:yep:

If you speak to any sort of careers people at your school, or your form tutor, or any "allies" you might have among the senior teachers they may be able to fix you up with something that can operate around your current timetable. Do you have free periods in certain areas?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by anjali_25)
    Ask a local school or your college. They should be able to guide you through all the formalities and you should be able to set it up so you can do set days or times at the school when you wouldn't need to be in college. You can also ask if the school has any after school clubs they would like help with as you'll probably be done with college for the day by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    That's a good question.:yep:

If you speak to any sort of careers people at your school, or your form tutor, or any "allies" you might have among the senior teachers they may be able to fix you up with something that can operate around your current timetable. Do you have free periods in certain areas?
    yeaa i have some days with only morning lessons, maybe can do half days then. i didnt think of asking the careers adviser, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Ask a local school or your college. They should be able to guide you through all the formalities and you should be able to set it up so you can do set days or times at the school when you wouldn't need to be in college. You can also ask if the school has any after school clubs they would like help with as you'll probably be done with college for the day by then.
    thank you for the help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.