Turn on thread page Beta

University of Manchester vs. University of Nottingham for PPE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I've chosen four universities on UCAS already; however, I have one last slot to fill, and I'm indecisive over the University of Manchester or the University of Nottingham. Both courses seem to be equally as interesting for me - however, would anyone happen to know which university has the edge over factors like student life, reputation, accommodation, etc.?

Many thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    nottingham !!!

Far cheaper to live at lots of great night life !
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Reputation wise, they're about on par. Nottingham is supposed to have a very beautiful campus and city, although I get the impression Manchester has more "going on".

I imagine Nottingham is cheaper, but as I recall it also has the highest per capita crime rates, so there is some reason to this. Equally though, the Mancunian accent is very love/hate

ReputationRep:
    You consistently recall this artful lounger, its your consistent anti nottingham sentiment, however unfounded. i live in Nottingham and attend it, its no more or less criminal then anywhere else.. students dont live anywhere near the poorer socioeconomic areas they live near the University which is super safe and calm !

ReputationRep:
    nottingham have a really good economics department

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.