Turn on thread page Beta

I need help with my mum watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I've been having trouble with my mother, but today I've had it. For years she's been putting me down, making fun of me because of my weight, because of the fact that I take longer to understand things than she does, that I like to do things differently.

    I hate her. She could be gone for 3 days and I wouldn't feel a single emotion. She barely tells me she loves me and uses me for her own benefit and gain.

    A few months ago, I was desperate for money, so I started gambling (I know stupid) and it turned into an addiction, where I would spend 250 pounds on gambling using student finance. When my mother found out about this, she went crazy, telling me how I'm a failure and how I'm greedy (even though I gave her 1000 pounds out of my student finance and she spent it on stupid ****).

    So last week I sought some help, and I can proudly say I haven't gambled for a week, which really makes me happy, but my mother punched me today because she wanted more money off me and I told her that i couldn't give it to her, and she got angry.

    I'm sorry this is kind of long but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't even see a way out of this mess, I got a job offer, but they require me to send in my references and documentation (which i sent over a week ago) but they haven't processed it, so I don't know when I'll start working and be able to move out.

    BTW, I'm in my first year of Higher Education and I'm 19.

    • Political Ambassador

    Political Ambassador
    Couldn't you move to campus accommodation?

    You need to ring social services im afraid. There are ways things can be sorted out through words but if your mother is getting violent with you it needs reporting. A mother who hits her kids are not classed are mothers or even humans.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.