Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University Application Predicted Grades info/help needed Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm writing here because id appreciate some help and advice regarding university and predicted grades. *I am not an English student in advance*

Im currently studying Maths, Economics and Psychology and Hoping to go to Uni and Study Economics. I got an A in maths AS last year and am predicted A in economics and B in psychology. This means my current predicted grades are AAB however for the courses I would like to take this isn't nearly enough sadly. I was told today that it is the last day for predicted grades until they are finalised which is what scared me because I had assumed I had more time to amend my grades. I was always planning on applying to my dream University which is UCL to study Economics which requires A*AA with an A* in maths. I would hate to be forced into a gap year as I know even if I was to achieve A*AA none of my Uni choices participate in clearing due to being so popular.

Anyway my question here is if the UCAS predicted grades turn out to still be changeable and I am able to get them up to say AA*A do I still have any sort of chance at being offered a place without an A* in maths as that is now impossible for me. So could an A*AA with an A* predicted in Economics be enough to get an offer requiring that A* to be in maths. And if I am unable to change my predicted grades is there anything I could be doing in my forced gap year that would aid my application instead of wasting more time!!

Sorry if it doesn't make sense I'm stressing quite hard rn, Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P. bateman)
    Hey I'm writing here because id appreciate some help and advice regarding university and predicted grades. *I am not an English student in advance*

Im currently studying Maths, Economics and Psychology and Hoping to go to Uni and Study Economics. I got an A in maths AS last year and am predicted A in economics and B in psychology. This means my current predicted grades are AAB however for the courses I would like to take this isn't nearly enough sadly. I was told today that it is the last day for predicted grades until they are finalised which is what scared me because I had assumed I had more time to amend my grades. I was always planning on applying to my dream University which is UCL to study Economics which requires A*AA with an A* in maths. I would hate to be forced into a gap year as I know even if I was to achieve A*AA none of my Uni choices participate in clearing due to being so popular.

Anyway my question here is if the UCAS predicted grades turn out to still be changeable and I am able to get them up to say AA*A do I still have any sort of chance at being offered a place without an A* in maths as that is now impossible for me. So could an A*AA with an A* predicted in Economics be enough to get an offer requiring that A* to be in maths. And if I am unable to change my predicted grades is there anything I could be doing in my forced gap year that would aid my application instead of wasting more time!!

Sorry if it doesn't make sense I'm stressing quite hard rn, Thank you!!
    Some top unis participate in adjustment even if they don't offer clearing. That might help if you do exceed any firm offer you accept.

Could you ask for later predictions? You have until January 15th to submit your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go speak to your Maths teacher to see if there is any way that your predicted grade can be adjusted If you have a good relationship with them then the likelihood is that they will, if they truly believe you can get that grade. Last week I managed to get my art predicted grade to an A*. My art teachers said they were glad I asked because they never predict A*'s out due to the unpredictable nature of art, but they said they believed I could do it

Honestly, the worst they can say is no but at least you will have the satisfaction knowing you tried. Also, I'd say apply anyway to your dream university anyway just make sure you have backup universities just in case

I was in a similar situation to you, to get an interview at Cambridge for Linguistics I pretty much needed to be predicted an A*AA. Originally I was predicted AAAA with an A* in the bag from my EPQ, the head and deputies of the sixth form had to reassure me that I'd be fine and not to do anything. I completely defied them to be honest and went out and asked for the grade. To conclude, just go and ask your maths teacher and see how it goes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.