Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long would you wait till u ask to meet up with a girl you met online? Watch

This girl lives like just over an hour away by car btw. However, i would get the train.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you can or once you've felt you've talked enough to build up some rapport.

(Original post by UWS)
    As soon as you can or once you've felt you've talked enough to build up some rapport.
    Hmm okay, i asked some girl i know and she said a couple of months..... i'm 17 btw.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmm okay, i asked some girl i know and she said a couple of months..... i'm 17 btw.
    A couple of months? It obviously doesn't sound like she is meeting for a date then.

ReputationRep:
    I would wait at least 6 months before meeting with a guy who lives that close to me. But i'd have to really be enjoying talking to them and feel safe with the idea of meeting them.

(Original post by UWS)
    A couple of months? It obviously doesn't sound like she is meeting for a date then.
    Hmm, i did think a few months was too much...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i did think a few months was too much...
    Where did you meet her just out of interest? If it was a dating site, the sole purpose is to meet up as soon as possible so that's why I suggested it.

ReputationRep:
    My partner and I met each other within about 2 weeks of talking (he lived about 20 minutes away), and we were both 16 at the time. We were comfortable enough to meet up, so it honestly just depends on the both of you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by UWS)
    Where did you meet her just out of interest? If it was a dating site, the sole purpose is to meet up as soon as possible so that's why I suggested it.
    On tsr xD
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    On tsr xD
    Oh dear. She'll probably see this thread :lol:

ReputationRep:
    On a dating site you need to move pretty fast, as the girl is literally getting hundreds of men reaching out to her a week [no exaggeration]

aim to meet her within 1 week of establishing first contact.

aim to swap contact details within 6 to 10 message exchanges [I read some stats on okcupid which said most people exchange contact details within 6 to 10 messages on dating sites]

don't be fooled into thinking you need to exchange like 100 messages and 2 mths before bringing up the subject of exchanging details. If a girl demands something like that on a dating site just next her unless you're really desperate and she's literally your only option, because more than likely a few weeks down the line of exchanges messages she'll get bored of you and flake ..and all that time and energy put in will be for nothing.

if you've managed to get 6 or more message exchanges with a girl chances are there is some reasonable interest in you on her part.
    Most girls who answer an unsolicited mail stop replying after the first or second exchange [to those guys who have done online dating you know i'm not BS-ing on that..]

If you meet her not on a dating site [but still online] you can afford to take things a little slower if you want as there is less competition and she's probably not getting 100's of guys bombarding her with interest every week..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    On a dating site you need to move pretty fast, as the girl is literally getting hundreds of men reaching out to her a week [no exaggeration]
    Hehe.

(Original post by UWS)
    Oh dear. She'll probably see this thread :lol:
    Naaaa she aint that active

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.