Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have suffered from mental health issues for the past 5 years or so and these issues, although I am working on them, are ongoing. I want to aim high and apply for Oxford but I'm unsure as to whether I would be ready for that kind of pressurised environment. If I was to miraculously be offered a place at Oxford and made it my first choice, would I then be able to withdraw my offer after results day and accept my insurance? Or would withdrawing my application mean saying goodbye to my insurance offer as well? Any help would be gratefully received

ReputationRep:
    My god mother’s daughter did this, so it is possible. The thing is that UCAS forms a contract, so it has to be agreed between you and the universities. You have to call your uni choices and have your firm release you, at which point you have an offer from your insurance.

Hope this helps, and good luck! What do you want to apply for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.