Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

just done my first as chemistry test and it was hard af Watch

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is just understanding concepts, much like the other sciences except more for physics.

When I was studying for my science IGCSE I studied each subject (biology, chemistry and physics) maybe 3 hours each every day, which was hard but if you don't think you have that much time, you could try tuition or asking a teacher.

Try livescience.co.uk, it's amazing, I didn't use it for IGCSE but it is really great, cheap as well.

Good luck in your studies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockD)
    Firstly 1.5hrs is peanuts and not enough. Secondly, breathe, it’s your first AS exam, it happens. I got an F in AS Economics and got an A* by the end of 2 years comfortably. Getting used to the style of writing and exam technique will come and within two months, you’ll be laughing
    You can't get a F at a level
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shymew)
    I use physicsandmathstutors.com too the repetitive questions just helped remembering the info and how to apply it. If you have a kerboodle account you can get checklists for each topic to make sure you know everything needed
    I use this for chemistry and biology but do you know a site that's good for maths?

ReputationRep:
    It will definitely get easier as you progress through the course don't worry. Right now you are new to all the information being thrown at you but once you get used to seeing those questions on a daily basis your brain will automatically know how to tackle it. It's like learning to drive a car (though you may be too young to relate to this). At first driving a car seems impossible and changing gear seems like a huge task but after practice you do it without even thinking about it. Just keep putting the hours in and it will pay off trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    I use this for chemistry and biology but do you know a site that's good for maths?
    I don’t actually do a level maths 😂 I do geography instead but I swear the website has good maths revision? I used mrbartonmaths.com at gcse and found it perfect, maybe that’d be good to use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    You can't get a F at a level
    Oops sorry, it was two years ago now, I did quite badly though is all I remember

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the info

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.