Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Life, it never gets any easier Watch

• Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that the older I get, the more complicated life seems to get?

You'd think that as a "mature adult" I'd have my **** together.

No, it gets worse. So much worse.

Don't grow up. It's a trap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

...ok. Sorry you're having a bad day but that's not a healthy attitude to show around a bunch of kids 😕
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    ...ok. Sorry you're having a bad day but that's not a healthy attitude to show around a bunch of kids 😕
    Most people here are of university age, so hardly 5 years old. I've been here long enough to know the general demographic of the people who frequent these boards. I'm sure they can cope with a healthy dose of realism.

Otherwise maybe you could start complaining about the number of sex or pregnancy threads being unsuitable for kids as well.

ReputationRep:

I agree, tough pill to swallow

ReputationRep:
    Most people here are of university age, so hardly 5 years old. I've been here long enough to know the general demographic of the people who frequent these boards. I'm sure they can cope with a healthy dose of realism.

Otherwise maybe you could start complaining about the number of sex or pregnancy threads being unsuitable for kids as well.
    Lol. Firstly my comment didn't warrant a response like this but ok lets get into it.

Never said 5 year olds and uh no. Most people here are teenagers who are still children believe it or not....and who actually need positivity ... Teenagers go through a lot and may be suffering suicidal tendencies or simply low self esteem and telling them life basically sucks as someone who looks old enough to be their mother or teacher disturbs me.

Also congrats on being here "long enough" but maybe you've not been here for a while...and your last statement is annoyingly unnecessary but if you don't like it report it...I still don't agree with the pessimistic tone.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wow I haven't seen you around in a long time, your post about your kids always got a laugh from me :lol:
    Hope you're well - nice to see an old user around again

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Firstly my comment didn't warrant a response like this but ok lets get into it.

Never said 5 year olds and uh no. Most people here are teenagers who are still children believe it or not....and who actually need positivity ... Teenagers go through a lot and may be suffering suicidal tendencies or simply low self esteem and telling them life basically sucks as someone who looks old enough to be their mother or teacher disturbs me.

Also congrats on being here "long enough" but maybe you've not been here for a while...and your last statement is annoyingly unnecessary but if you don't like it report it...I still don't agree with the pessimistic tone.
    you go girl.

big mommas behind u

show that white girl whose da boss
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Why on earth would I report your post? Is that something you do yourself? Just report posts that you don't like, even if they are perfectly valid posts? What a strange way to use a forum.

Life is what you make of it, but far too many people set themselves up with unrealistic expectations of adulthood.

I'm not being negative or pessimistic. I'm being very realistic. If you set people up for thinking that adulthood is a magic wand that makes problems disappear, you set people up for a very sore disappointment.

Far better to prepare them for the fact that being an adult brings about a whole new set of complications, and to make them realise that they need to be strong, and to tackle problems head on, and that adulthood isn't a magic wand to happiness and sunshine.

Otherwise you end up with a bunch of people leaving university not knowing how the hell to cope with life.

ReputationRep:

This is true, I can tell that I am slowly becoming an adult. At the same time, you can't stop growing as life keeps moving forward. So don't overthink too much and life your life the best you can. This can be speaking to friends, trying new things, travelling and more. I would just relax or meditate don't think too much about this. Whatever you're going through, your struggles shape you and makes you a stronger person. So endure it for now, hope things get better!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what's happening in your life but as a general point I think people can be very unforgiving about themselves especially when it comes to how they "should" be doing as an adult.

As for life, I think we're all basically making it up as we go along a lot of the time and modern life is very unpredictable on top of that. Some people do seem like they have it very together, I agree - as to whether that's just a very convincing front or whether they're just way better organised/adaptable than the average person, I'm not sure. I suspect there is quite a lot of the former though,

I think the average adult probably does feel the same way as you quite often though - it's all very relatable.

ReputationRep:
    As long as OP takes her kids to the park even once a week. They'll learn more just by being outside for long enough.
    Whereas my parents stop me from taking my own bike after moving out of theirs, they think it's too unsafe. Smh.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    Wow I haven't seen you around in a long time, your post about your kids always got a laugh from me :lol:
    Hope you're well - nice to see an old user around again
    Nice to see you too.

My kids... oldest is 12 now. Time goes by a bit fast!

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would I report your post? Is that something you do yourself? Just report posts that you don't like, even if they are perfectly valid posts? What a strange way to use a forum.

Life is what you make of it, but far too many people set themselves up with unrealistic expectations of adulthood.

I'm not being negative or pessimistic. I'm being very realistic. If you set people up for thinking that adulthood is a magic wand that makes problems disappear, you set people up for a very sore disappointment.

Far better to prepare them for the fact that being an adult brings about a whole new set of complications, and to make them realise that they need to be strong, and to tackle problems head on, and that adulthood isn't a magic wand to happiness and sunshine.

Otherwise you end up with a bunch of people leaving university not knowing how the hell to cope with life.
    ...I wasn't talking about reporting my post 😑😑 I said after referencing your last paragraph, if you don't like sexual threads then report them.

Anyway I'm tired of bumping your negative thread. Find peace and serenity ✌ ✨ 😄
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    ...I wasn't talking about reporting my post 😑😑 I said after referencing your last paragraph, if you don't like sexual threads then report them.

Anyway I'm tired of bumping your negative thread. Find peace and serenity ✌ ✨ 😄
    I never said I had a problem with sexual threads though. You completely misread what I put.

ReputationRep:

Yeah I'm not excited for it. Can I just go back to being 6 months old when people spent all day entertaining me and I just sat there smiling not knowing anything?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    As long as OP takes her kids to the park even once a week. They'll learn more just by being outside for long enough.
    Whereas my parents stop me from taking my own bike after moving out of theirs, they think it's too unsafe. Smh.
    There's only 1 I take to the park. The other three take themselves to the park together.
    I don't believe in helicopter parenting.

ReputationRep:
    I never said I had a problem with sexual threads though. You completely misread what I put.
    I can read...but don't just accuse me of misunderstanding, explain: why don't you have a problem with sexual threads on a forum where mostly underage people post? Wow...this just gets better. Anyway...enjoy. being. Negative...❤
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I can read...but don't just accuse me of misunderstanding, explain: why don't you have a problem with sexual threads on a forum where mostly underage people post? Wow...this just gets better. Anyway...enjoy. being. Negative...❤
    Good grief you are just desperate for an argument aren't you?
    Talk about taking everything out of context and changing absolutely everything.

Are you always like this? I've never encountered you before.

ReputationRep:
    Being an adult sucks

ReputationRep:
    Dwi
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.