Rob Holding CB
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
As part of my Chemistry A Level Techniquest has given me the opportunity to do 70 hours of a task with a group and if done correctly I could gain a Gold CREST award which can be put on my CV for Uni.

As part of my gold CREST award I must do talks to High Schools and primary school children on why Chemistry is fun but also important to everyday life. I thought this could be really enjoyable but....

I am also doing a Silver Duke of Edinburgh at the same time. I want to take Science related courses in University and revising for A Levels at the same time as doing a GOLD CREST award and Duke of Edinburgh seems really difficult.

I was thinking I should drop one but which one should I drop?

Is it even possible to do revision, and both challenges at the same time?

Which is better to put on a CV?

What option gives me more life skills?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rob Holding CB)
As part of my Chemistry A Level Techniquest has given me the opportunity to do 70 hours of a task with a group and if done correctly I could gain a Gold CREST award which can be put on my CV for Uni.

As part of my gold CREST award I must do talks to High Schools and primary school children on why Chemistry is fun but also important to everyday life. I thought this could be really enjoyable but....

I am also doing a Silver Duke of Edinburgh at the same time. I want to take Science related courses in University and revising for A Levels at the same time as doing a GOLD CREST award and Duke of Edinburgh seems really difficult.

I was thinking I should drop one but which one should I drop?

Is it even possible to do revision, and both challenges at the same time?

Which is better to put on a CV?

What option gives me more life skills?
DoFE can probably be done with the same activities as your CREST award, and leave the expeditions until after you've done exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (925)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads