Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 and I've always had troubles with my maths , I do every well in any other subjects and normally get A and B grades in each subjects but in maths I'm working at a D/F
    In primary school I've never focused on it as much beacuse English isn't my first language and so I spent more time focusing on English and it's my best subject now
    Ij year 7 , 8 , 9 I missed a lot of days of school due to issues and so I wasn't at school to learn the maths , and when I was in the lesson I found it too confusing and now that I'm in year 10 and giving it all my focus I find it so hard and confusing , I don't know what to do or what to start from or how to learn everything in maths

I hope to get an A in maths just like I do in my other subjects but I don't know :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    I'm in year 10 and I've always had troubles with my maths , I do every well in any other subjects and normally get A and B grades in each subjects but in maths I'm working at a D/F
    In primary school I've never focused on it as much beacuse English isn't my first language and so I spent more time focusing on English and it's my best subject now
    Ij year 7 , 8 , 9 I missed a lot of days of school due to issues and so I wasn't at school to learn the maths , and when I was in the lesson I found it too confusing and now that I'm in year 10 and giving it all my focus I find it so hard and confusing , I don't know what to do or what to start from or how to learn everything in maths

I hope to get an A in maths just like I do in my other subjects but I don't know :/
    Start with the basics - 1+1=2, 2+2=4, 3+3=?

Spoiler:
    Show

Jokes aside, make a list of your weak topics and focus on them - doing questions and past papers questions on those topics. Ask your teacher for help. Math has so many questions which follow a similar pattern so do as many past papers as possible, once you have finished those weak topics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.