Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 and I've always had troubles with my maths , I do every well in any other subjects and normally get A and B grades in each subjects but in maths I'm working at a D/F
    In primary school I've never focused on it as much beacuse English isn't my first language and so I spent more time focusing on English and it's my best subject now
    Ij year 7 , 8 , 9 I missed a lot of days of school due to issues and so I wasn't at school to learn the maths , and when I was in the lesson I found it too confusing and now that I'm in year 10 and giving it all my focus I find it so hard and confusing , I don't know what to do or what to start from or how to learn everything in maths

I hope to get an A in maths just like I do in my other subjects but I don't know :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    I'm in year 10 and I've always had troubles with my maths , I do every well in any other subjects and normally get A and B grades in each subjects but in maths I'm working at a D/F
    In primary school I've never focused on it as much beacuse English isn't my first language and so I spent more time focusing on English and it's my best subject now
    Ij year 7 , 8 , 9 I missed a lot of days of school due to issues and so I wasn't at school to learn the maths , and when I was in the lesson I found it too confusing and now that I'm in year 10 and giving it all my focus I find it so hard and confusing , I don't know what to do or what to start from or how to learn everything in maths

I hope to get an A in maths just like I do in my other subjects but I don't know :/
    Start with the basics - 1+1=2, 2+2=4, 3+3=?

Spoiler:
    Show

Jokes aside, make a list of your weak topics and focus on them - doing questions and past papers questions on those topics. Ask your teacher for help. Math has so many questions which follow a similar pattern so do as many past papers as possible, once you have finished those weak topics.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.