How do i stop procrasinating? Please help

Watch
username2855962
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok so I keep getting distracted when revising and always try and put it off when I can however i am doing my GCSE's this year and I am predicted good results however I have not to this date revised properly for any exam. I am getting consistently good grades however I feel like I can do better and beat some of the grades set by my teachers. My dream is to study Physics at Oxford University however if I go on like this it won't happen. I am predicted most 6's, 7's and 8's. Please give me some advice on how I can improve. Any help is appreciated
username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if you are distracted by your phone, turn it off.if you have a computer or laptop to 'aid' your studying try downloading a thing or using a website that blocks you off yourtube and social media for certain amount of time.create yourself a timetable to revise or a to do listgive yourself a reward after doing revision on something it might help for example, after i revise i can watch this tv show or do this or eat this etc.make revision fun like make quizzes (not that quizzes are fun but it's better than just reading)
username2855962
Rep:
?
Ok thanks ive tried some of these things but not the reward system. The thing with me is that if i sit down to study that is all i will do, which is a negative in itself
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
You have to want to succeed as bad as you want to breath.

Everyday try to watch at least 1 study motivational video to get you boosted up to start.

Trust me, when you change your mind you change your life completely.
Droid Master
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't know whether this will work for you but I find getting up really early can be a big help, as trying to focus in the morning is a lot easier.

Also get an extension or app that allows you do shut down your phone/computer, as this will really help.
username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blackstarr)

Everyday try to watch at least 1 study motivational video to get you boosted up to start.

Ted talks will do the trick, honestly very inpsirational
username2855962
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kayeen)
Ted talks will do the trick, honestly very inpsirational
Thank You i will have a look at a few
username2855962
Rep:
?
(Original post by Droid Master)
I don't know whether this will work for you but I find getting up really early can be a big help, as trying to focus in the morning is a lot easier.

Also get an extension or app that allows you do shut down your phone/computer, as this will really help.
(Original post by Blackstarr)

Ok Thanks will try both. I need to do something about it quick before its too late
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise