Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm 13 and my dad has to at least mention my weight once a week. He usually says my butt is to big which I don't mind because I'm well aware that my butt is not big. Still he comments about me being 'fat' and fat shaming me all the time in front of my other family members he usually tells me to go to the gym or to 'stop eating that.'
    And to be honest I'm not that fat I'm in the 'normal' weight section for my year.

How do I stop/Ignore this??

ReputationRep:
    No idea. I'm 17 and ngl I have a bit of a belly (only when I fully relax/push out) but my muscle is more dense than most people and I'm still in the healthy weight category for my age and height and my BMI says so, and my brother still makes fun of me (even though he on the other hand is actually overweight) and my mum sometimes too. Why don't you just ask him?

ReputationRep:
    13yo's CANNOT go to a gym. And three years is a long time to wait. So work a bit harder during PE, do sport after school or during weekends
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    13yo's CANNOT go to a gym. And three years is a long time to wait. So work a bit harder during PE, do sport after school or during weekends
    In some places yes they can. My 12 year old goes to the gym during sessions for 11-17 year olds. She can use all cardio equipment but not weights.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.