Edinburgh vs Manchester for medicinal chemistry

Watch
Raghesh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi...

I need some advice on which to choose as as my 5th choice in UCAS for Mchem Medicinal chemistry ... should it be Manchester or Edinburgh. I am an international student and I have the grades for both (A*A*A*A*A). Cost wise I think both would be more or less the same for me. Urgent advice please...thanks a ton in advance
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Raghesh)
Hi...

I need some advice on which to choose as as my 5th choice in UCAS for Mchem Medicinal chemistry ... should it be Manchester or Edinburgh. I am an international student and I have the grades for both (A*A*A*A*A). Cost wise I think both would be more or less the same for me. Urgent advice please...thanks a ton in advance
Are you applying for the second year entry at Edinburgh? If not, it will be significantly more expensive than Manchester because the course is a year longer.

You can't really go wrong with either, they're both excellent universities although Edinburgh has more cachet abroad, especially in America. Have you had a look at the modules in each degree? The optional modules, particularly in the final year, are likely to be quite different - which do you prefer?
Raghesh
Rep:
?
hi... thanks snufkin...will look into it... appreciated!!!
Raghesh
Rep:
?
Hi..had put in Manchester but have substituted the choice to Edinburgh...have asked for a 2nd year entry... based on grades, it should be possible... Edinburgh has a optional year abroad as well which is interesting.... strangely I hadn't rec'd an acknowledgement from Manchester in 6 days .. but rec'd one immediately from Edinburgh... must have been a software glitch at Manchester...... normally when would one expect to hear back from UCL and Edinburgh? would anyone know?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads