Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He asked me to be his girlfriend??? (Continued) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So this post is related to my last (will paste at end) I have decided on two options but which one should I choose?
    Op1- just say I need more time
    Op2- ask him out on a date and not say yes or no until afterwards.

Just to fill you in this is what the last post said:
    PLEASE HELP
    I sit next to this boy that I've known for almost a year and a half and as I got to know him even more I really started to like him (even though he's not very attractive) and was trying to Figure out away to ask him out... then he asked me to be his GIRLFRIEND. I'm finding it really hard to just say yes and i don't know why. In all my past relationships i've just gone yes or no and it was that simple. (Past relationships have lasted from 2days - 3years and my last boyfriend was about 3months ago)

Why is it different with him?

Im in a collage and for some reason no one goes on dates they just decide there bf, Gf which I find a bit weird.

Should I say shouldn't we go on a date first or just say yes or no?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Help4help)
    So this post is related to my last (will paste at end) I have decided on two options but which one should I choose?
    Op1- just say I need more time
    Op2- ask him out on a date and not say yes or no until afterwards.

Just to fill you in this is what the last post said:
    PLEASE HELP
    I sit next to this boy that I've known for almost a year and a half and as I got to know him even more I really started to like him (even though he's not very attractive) and was trying to Figure out away to ask him out... then he asked me to be his GIRLFRIEND. I'm finding it really hard to just say yes and i don't know why. In all my past relationships i've just gone yes or no and it was that simple. (Past relationships have lasted from 2days - 3years and my last boyfriend was about 3months ago)

Why is it different with him?

Im in a collage and for some reason no one goes on dates they just decide there bf, Gf which I find a bit weird.

Should I say shouldn't we go on a date first or just say yes or no?
    It's a bit bizarre in that they asked you to be their girlfriend without going out on a date but I guess that's young attraction

If you're not sure then I guess give them a chance on a date

ReputationRep:
    Go on a date and see how it goes. Don't go to a bar or anything like that. Maybe watch a film, horror would be a good genre to get to know each other. If it goes well then ask to go on a date again. If not then go back to being friends.

It is different with him because he is a good friend and you don't want to lose him by having a different relationship that does not work and then not seeing him again or as often.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait to see how big the D is, then you can decide

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.