Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just applied today, anyone else considering this school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newtothis900)
    I just applied today, anyone else considering this school?
    I am currently a new sixth former in Tiffin Boys School.

ReputationRep:
    I just applied to Tiffin Boys, have you got any advice concerning the admissions process?

Many Thanks
    (Original post by Ukvoltaire)
    I am currently a new sixth former in Tiffin Boys School.

ReputationRep:
    Left tiffin this summer after a levels, you'll defo enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswall0875)
    I just applied to Tiffin Boys, have you got any advice concerning the admissions process?

Many Thanks
    Well, you should recieve a letter from them which states whether you are accepted or not in around february. If you get accepted then well done and make sure you get the required grades for GCSEs. If not, then don't worry because they usually put you in the waiting list, like me. If you get great GCSE results, you are more likely to be considered a place at tiffin.

Providing that you applied with good predicted grades, I am sure you have a good chance of getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Left tiffin this summer after a levels, you'll defo enjoy it!
    Hey, I'm a current Year 12 at tiffin and I am external. Do you have any tips on how to achieve high grades at tiffin? And also do the 1st and 2nd landmarks really matter for your predicted grades?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I think my predicated grades are relatively good, most of them are the new 8’s. Do we get an interview or course meeting as the schools like to put it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    123chem: I really loved the school on the open evening! What subjects did you take, I heard the Geography department is really good.

ReputationRep:
    I think my predicated grades are relatively good, most of them are the new 8’s. Do we get an interview or course meeting as the schools like to put it?
    Since I was on the waiting list, I didn't really have one, but if you get accepted, then you might have one.

ReputationRep:
    I might see you next year then!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a current Year 12 at tiffin and I am external. Do you have any tips on how to achieve high grades at tiffin? And also do the 1st and 2nd landmarks really matter for your predicted grades?

Thank you.
    Which subjects do you do? And nah, not really. You'll do exam at the end of year that will decide your predicted grades. But like, if you dont do as well in those, then you can tell them to look at previous landmarks and ask them to raise your predicted grades. Wouldn't worry too much about your first few exams as it will take some time to get used to the school and sixth form teaching.

ReputationRep:
    123chem: I really loved the school on the open evening! What subjects did you take, I heard the Geography department is really good.
    I did Maths Bio Chem Physics (AS).

ReputationRep:
    Am thinking of doing History, Geography and French. They are only letting us do three now, which is fine with me.

ReputationRep:
    Which subjects do you do? And nah, not really. You'll do exam at the end of year that will decide your predicted grades. But like, if you dont do as well in those, then you can tell them to look at previous landmarks and ask them to raise your predicted grades. Wouldn't worry too much about your first few exams as it will take some time to get used to the school and sixth form teaching.
    Thank you! I do Maths, Biology and Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I do Maths, Biology and Chemistry.
    For maths, just do as many questions as you can. Do international papers too if you got time. For Bio, use textbook and the small cgp revision guide as recap, and again do as many past paper qs. For chem, use this book
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Level-C...a60640600838a2
    Theres a Year 2 one as well. For past paper questions, use this for y1 (scroll all the way down):
    http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/as...ce-papers.html
    and this for y2:
    http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/a-...ce-papers.html

ReputationRep:
    For maths, just do as many questions as you can. Do international papers too if you got time. For Bio, use textbook and the small cgp revision guide as recap, and again do as many past paper qs. For chem, use this book
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Level-C...a60640600838a2
    Theres a Year 2 one as well. For past paper questions, use this for y1 (scroll all the way down):
    http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/as...ce-papers.html
    and this for y2:
    http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/a-...ce-papers.html
    Thank you very much! Luckily, I already bought the CGP guides for Biology and Chemistry and they are really useful. I have an online Kerboodles version of the AQA textbook version as well.

Just out of curiousity, what grades did you leave with and what course are you doing now at university?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! Luckily, I already bought the CGP guides for Biology and Chemistry and they are really useful. I have an online Kerboodles version of the AQA textbook version as well.

Just out of curiousity, what grades did you leave with and what course are you doing now at university?
    A* bio A* chem A in math, studying dentistry at kcl now. But don't be under the misconception that everyone at tiffin get these grades so you will as well, i know many who just couldnt be bothered and didnt do that well. You'll find that teachers wont push you as much, they'll help you and give you the resources (mainly if you ask), but you'll have to do the hard work yourself. Hopefully you got the good teachers too lol

ReputationRep:
    A* bio A* chem A in math, studying dentistry at kcl now. But don't be under the misconception that everyone at tiffin get these grades so you will as well, i know many who just couldnt be bothered and didnt do that well. You'll find that teachers wont push you as much, they'll help you and give you the resources (mainly if you ask), but you'll have to do the hard work yourself. Hopefully you got the good teachers too lol
    Yeah, thank you. My teachers aren't that bad, but I will make sure I too put in the hard work this year.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything more from Tiffins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    Anyone heard anything more from Tiffins?
    I think they are looking and collating all our applications in January

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.