Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brruh)
    So mechanical it is then! Thanks for that! Now where? My parents (and I) want an RG uni, I like Cambridge, but idk if I can make it with these grades? Thoughts?

(BTW: Thanks a lot for cooperating and helping, it's nice to see you care )
    Most important thing is a placement year because very little distinguishes university students who just get high grades now and experience is what employers want. You will all pretty much know the same stuff at the end but if you have experience you will have a bigger range of knowledge and understand real life situations etc. Russell group isn't priority, I'm doing civ eng at a non RG and they offer a scholarship which I'm on and if I don't mess it up I'm pretty much guaranteed a job at the end. Also placement years mean that you also build links and if you apply to a location where you did a placement at someone there will be like "oh yeah I worked with them, I know they're good".

I would say accreditation is above that in importance but really any good university should have that.

ReputationRep:
    Examples would be nice , as aside from Cambridge Birmingham Imperial UCL and Bath, I don't know too many good for mech, also I'd rather stay closer to home (Birmingham), but the only exceptions I was willing to make were for the above 4
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Yeah I would've thought that it would be chemical engineers since they would design them for rates of reactions and all that. In a pressure vessel I understand mechanical since there isn't really any production and reactions, I believe I was more thinking along the lines of processing vessels.
    Processing vessels are still pressure vessels, as they still contain pressurised fluids. You're right, a chemical/process engineer would provide specifications and other details like pressures and temperatures, but the actual detailed design of a vessel and fittings/equipment is an area of mechanical engineering.

(Original post by Brruh)
    Examples would be nice
    Examples of what?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.