Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My contact ends on the 1st of September 2018

I moved in on the 9th of September 2017

I basically have no other place to go so I was wondering if I'd signe another contract for next year will I still have to move out between the 2nd of Sep until it's the 9th?

I'm just worried.

Edit: contract **
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Amruk)
    My contact ends on the 1st of September 2018

I moved in on the 9th of September 2017

I basically have no other place to go so I was wondering if I'd signe another contract for next year will I still have to move out between the 2nd of Sep until it's the 9th?

I'm just worried.
    Why are you worried? Do you think the landlord is dodgy?

I think that is how most student contracts are. Many landlords tend to start from July to June, others from August to July.

Some students tend to sub-let the room from July, when they move out for summer holidays or just live in it until they complete the year.

I think it is fine, if you have no qualms about the house or landlord

ReputationRep:
    They dont offer continuous contracts because then tenants are more difficult (legally) to shift.

A week? Stick your stuff in self-storage or a friends garage and go on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    It's a University accommodation though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amruk)
    It's a University accommodation though
    Same reason - if you have a continuous contract you can become a sitting tenant.

ReputationRep:
    You can ask the uni or local private halls - someone will probably give you a room for a couple of weeks. Or go in an airbnb.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah that kind of thing isn't uncommon, but you may be able to get a 1 week extension, or if there are some halls around you they may be able to put you up if that's considered to be in the summer period.

ReputationRep:
    Check with your accommodation services. I did this at my uni, but had to move to another block for a couple of weeks as rooms were decorated during the summer vacation.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.