Helpp! Watch

GcseStudent9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have an english literature mock coming monday, can anyone help me on unseen poetry?? Please pm me.. im struggling on unseen poetry

Thank you.
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
BUmp
EdexcelAreIdiots
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GcseStudent9)
I have an english literature mock coming monday, can anyone help me on unseen poetry?? Please pm me.. im struggling on unseen poetry

Thank you.
What are you struggling on specifically?
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
(Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots)
What are you struggling on specifically?
I have sent you a PM
Ally-mai
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try to notice patterns and how they change over the course of the poem for structural points. Try to figure out why it's changed too, and if you're not sure then guess! (As long as it fits with your overall analysis.)
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ally-mai)
Try to notice patterns and how they change over the course of the poem for structural points. Try to figure out why it's changed too, and if you're not sure then guess! (As long as it fits with your overall analysis.)

THANKS ALOT!! and can i pm you?
wallflowerannie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, please don't stress out too much you will be absolutely fine! Unseen poems are not as scary as they appear, it's very much just practising what you already know and can already do!!

If you're feeling very anxious about it, you could go on the Poetry Foundation website and print off some poems you like and just annotate them! It is exactly what you would be doing in an unseen exam, it's seriously no different! Once you've annotated it, if you feel like it you can compare it to one of the poems you do know from your anthology, and there, you've done a practise unseen exam!!

They truly only test what you already know, so you have nothing to worry about!! good luck!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
(Original post by wallflowerannie)
Hi, please don't stress out too much you will be absolutely fine! Unseen poems are not as scary as they appear, it's very much just practising what you already know and can already do!!

If you're feeling very anxious about it, you could go on the Poetry Foundation website and print off some poems you like and just annotate them! It is exactly what you would be doing in an unseen exam, it's seriously no different! Once you've annotated it, if you feel like it you can compare it to one of the poems you do know from your anthology, and there, you've done a practise unseen exam!!

They truly only test what you already know, so you have nothing to worry about!! good luck!!
Appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise