GcseStudent9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have an english literature mock coming monday, can anyone help me on unseen poetry?? Please pm me.. im struggling on unseen poetry

Thank you.
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
BUmp
EdexcelAreIdiots
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GcseStudent9)
I have an english literature mock coming monday, can anyone help me on unseen poetry?? Please pm me.. im struggling on unseen poetry

Thank you.
What are you struggling on specifically?
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
(Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots)
What are you struggling on specifically?
I have sent you a PM
Ally-mai
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try to notice patterns and how they change over the course of the poem for structural points. Try to figure out why it's changed too, and if you're not sure then guess! (As long as it fits with your overall analysis.)
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ally-mai)
Try to notice patterns and how they change over the course of the poem for structural points. Try to figure out why it's changed too, and if you're not sure then guess! (As long as it fits with your overall analysis.)

THANKS ALOT!! and can i pm you?
wallflowerannie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, please don't stress out too much you will be absolutely fine! Unseen poems are not as scary as they appear, it's very much just practising what you already know and can already do!!

If you're feeling very anxious about it, you could go on the Poetry Foundation website and print off some poems you like and just annotate them! It is exactly what you would be doing in an unseen exam, it's seriously no different! Once you've annotated it, if you feel like it you can compare it to one of the poems you do know from your anthology, and there, you've done a practise unseen exam!!

They truly only test what you already know, so you have nothing to worry about!! good luck!!
GcseStudent9
Rep:
?
(Original post by wallflowerannie)
Hi, please don't stress out too much you will be absolutely fine! Unseen poems are not as scary as they appear, it's very much just practising what you already know and can already do!!

If you're feeling very anxious about it, you could go on the Poetry Foundation website and print off some poems you like and just annotate them! It is exactly what you would be doing in an unseen exam, it's seriously no different! Once you've annotated it, if you feel like it you can compare it to one of the poems you do know from your anthology, and there, you've done a practise unseen exam!!

They truly only test what you already know, so you have nothing to worry about!! good luck!!
Appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (3)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (3)
50%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads