Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I overreacting? Boy stroked my arm? Watch

I got on the bus earlier and went to sit upstairs where there was a group of (I'm guessing) teenage romanian boys. Long story short one of them ended up sitting right next to me which didn't phase me. His arm kept brushing against mine which (which he apologised for at first but then stopped apologising), again, is no big deal. Every now and then he would turn his head and look at me (this is where I started feeling abit uncomfortable, especially as he was sat literally next to me). Then just as he was about to get off he runs his hand down the side of my arm that was nearest to him in a casual sort of way and walks off. Idk but it made me feel pretty angry. He had no need to do that and I know I wasn't hurt or anything but it's more the implication of it. Am I crazy? What's weird is that he was a BOY not a grown man, awful behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    You're not crazy, that's creepy and you have every right to feel uncomfortable if he was in your personal space with no reason to be - it's YOUR space and your body so you get to choose what's okay and what isn't, not others
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

That is very weird, he's definetly in the worng, something similar like that happened to me too

(Original post by totodile)
    You're not crazy, that's creepy and you have every right to feel uncomfortable if he was in your personal space with no reason to be - it's YOUR space and your body so you get to choose what's okay and what isn't, not others
    That's really reassuring to hear. I've had stuff like this happen at work and have never said anything because I always feel like an idiot bringing up something so small

ReputationRep:
    No that's deffo creepy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's creepy, but it's nothing worth getting angry over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's really reassuring to hear. I've had stuff like this happen at work and have never said anything because I always feel like an idiot bringing up something so small
    Honestly if anyone touches you/ makes you feel uncomfortable/ does unwanted gestures, you have every right to be angry or bring it up or tell them no - never feel like you have to endure something because of how others might react - its always your body and your choice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.