Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently in Year 13 and am unsure whether to go to Uni or get an apprenticeship. What I'm unsure with in Uni is whether I'd ''fit in''. I don't drink (not for any reason I just don't) and therefore don't enjoy clubbing etc. I'm shy at first but if people get to know me, I'm perfectly normal to talk to etc. I'm not the most popular but have a good friend group around me, although we don't go out often. So really my question is, will there be people like me who don't like going out etc., but aren't just a bit... weird. If I did go it'd likely be one I can home from weekends for.
    I'm Male and predicted AAA if that matters.Thanks

They are great people. The best. Their IQs are among the highest. Some, I assume, are normal people.

Depends on the Uni. You sound like you'd fit in fine with other maths students.

ReputationRep:
      they are mathematical

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      They are great people. The best. Their IQs are among the highest. Some, I assume, are normal people.

I don't really care about their IQ lol. Was thinking of somewhere like UEA/ Reading etc.

ReputationRep:
      They're just pretty normal people...some drink...some don't....some are talkative.. others really quiet...you'll find your group I'm sure. I did maths too

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nc212)
      So I'm currently in Year 13 and am unsure whether to go to Uni or get an apprenticeship. What I'm unsure with in Uni is whether I'd ''fit in''. I don't drink (not for any reason I just don't) and therefore don't enjoy clubbing etc. I'm shy at first but if people get to know me, I'm perfectly normal to talk to etc. I'm not the most popular but have a good friend group around me, although we don't go out often. So really my question is, will there be people like me who don't like going out etc., but aren't just a bit... weird. If I did go it'd likely be one I can home from weekends for.
      I'm Male and predicted AAA if that matters.Thanks
      They are normal people who are good at maths

ReputationRep:

Is that true about the IQs?

(Original post by nc212)
        I don't really care about their IQ lol. Was thinking of somewhere like UEA/ Reading etc.
        Just a joke (although naturally it is true).

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by sabana)
        They're just pretty normal people...some drink...some don't....some are talkative.. others really quiet...you'll find your group I'm sure. I did maths too
        its almost as if you can't generalise the entire group of maths uni students into 1 category :O shocking

(Original post by grj91)
          Is that true about the IQs?
          Certainly is for the US, according to research. Not sure about the UK.

Not that they use their IQ well. Some seem so averse to human contact that they'll climb over desks in a lecture theatre to reach their seat rather than asking someone to let them through...

(Original post by amaraub)
            its almost as if you can't generalise the entire group of maths uni students into 1 category :O shocking
            They just did generalise them though. They generalised them by saying they were normal people.

ReputationRep:
            They just did generalise them though. They generalised them by saying they were normal people.
            generalising ception

ReputationRep:
            Just like you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.