Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The dreaded double text question please help! :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Had a great first date last weekend where we had a lot in common and there was lots of talk about doing it again (so good signs all around I felt). He waited two days to reply when he asked me to text him to let him know I was home safe (whatever I know some people have weird rules so I wasn't bothered and he mentioned his work schedule was starting up the next day). When he texted back he explained that he has to work a lot (up until the date he texted me fairly frequently even when at work), but would like to see me again if I'm up for it when he's off I replied that I understood and yes would like to meet again. This last exchange was Monday/Tuesday. The very earliest I could see him is Friday (1 week). Should I text him again just a "hope works going well" type nonchalant text? He works evening/nights 12h shifts 7 on then 7 off, but picked up two extra days (I don't know if any of these details really matter). If things seem to be going well why wouldn't he text me? I'm not asking for 20 text a day, but 1 a day or every other day would be nice so I know he's still interested. Another thing I've noticed (we met online) is that he hasn't been on the dating app in a while. Is this mixed signals? Would it be weird to ask him why haven't I heard from you? Should I wait until early next week to doing anything since we wouldn't be able to do something until the end of the week anyway? Sorry this is long, but thanks for your help!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Arrange a 2nd date on the day that you said you'll be available for. Some people aren't really texting type of people so they won't be too attached to their phones.

Asking him why he hasn't responded may come off as clingy. Just arrange the date, then perhaps talk a little in between and then send that confirmation text the day before.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.