Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently had a phone interview which was successful and was asked to come for an interview at their centre. Could anyone who has been through the process tell me what kind of questions they ask in the interview ? What the maths and English assessment is about ? This is for the part time tutor role btw
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mem123)
    I recently had a phone interview which was successful and was asked to come for an interview at their centre. Could anyone who has been through the process tell me what kind of questions they ask in the interview ? What the maths and English assessment is about ? This is for the part time tutor role btw
    I got to interview there, didn’t get the job which in hindsight is brilliant as it led to a much better job.
    The maths assessment was some reasonably basic questions non calculator. The English was I was given a quote and had to write a mini essay about education. Can’t remember the full details as it’s been a while. Other than that you have an interview and work with the kids for a bit. Overall it’s quite an enjoyable interview. You may begin to notice some of the flaws with their service though. One of the kids was bored stuff as his plan included English work he had already completed multiple times.

Hope that helps and all the best.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.