Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time you ever had a deep conversation with someone? One where you go into extreme detail about something you've been thinking about/feeling, I personally either cant remember the last time I did have one or even if I've had one at all.

Edit: it feels (at least now) that nobody talks as much as they should and if they do talk then its just "how was your day" or something along those lines. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4864902 <--- some wondrous examples in this thread.
    I personally dislike these types of convos tremendously, however, I know they're necessary to get to know people as they're good to start conversations. All I ever get on a daily basis is a conversation like this, its either that or just a convo about something extremely unimportant such as when the homework's due or when a test is or what I did yesterday. Don't get me wrong sometimes its nice just to talk to someone but it just seems plain in a way and a tad meaningless as it doesnt tell you anything about the person you're talking to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentas)
    When was the last time you ever had a deep conversation with someone? One where you go into extreme detail about something you've been thinking about/feeling, I personally either cant remember the last time I did have one or even if I've had one at all.
    I tend to solve my problems myself

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on what people personally mean by deep. For some deep conversation could be 10 minutes of talking about one thing. Others it could be a 2-minute conversation but in real detail, the sort of conversation that would really test/ change your beliefs on something.

I have had a few deep conversations with my friends on facebook recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I tend to solve my problems myself
    I'm not talking about asking others for help on something, im talking about if you and another person land on a topic both of you are interested in, then both of you keep talking about it in great detail and learn alot about the other person's views on the topic/life in the process. I feel a conversation like that would be really nice yet nobody ever seems to have them, atleast in public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    It really depends on what people personally mean by deep. For some deep conversation could be 10 minutes of talking about one thing. Others it could be a 2-minute conversation but in real detail, the sort of conversation that would really test/ change your beliefs on something.

I have had a few deep conversations with my friends on facebook recently.
    I'd consider "deep" to mean the second one, where you both talk about something into the fine details, however for a longer period of time, like the same detail but for 10 mins atleast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentas)

Edit: it feels (at least now) that nobody talks as much as they should and if they do talk then its just "how was your day" or something along those lines. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4864902 <--- some wondrous examples in this thread.
    I personally dislike these types of convos tremendously, however, I know they're necessary to get to know people as they're good to start conversations. All I ever get on a daily basis is a conversation like this, its either that or just a convo about something extremely unimportant such as when the homework's due or when a test is or what I did yesterday. Don't get me wrong sometimes its nice just to talk to someone but it just seems plain in a way and a tad meaningless as it doesnt tell you anything about the person you're talking to.
    If you're interested in these deep, meaningful conversations... I'm afraid your out of luck. Usually you need to be good friends with someone in order for them to trust you enough to talk about their personal take on life.

However there is a solution to speed up the process of trust-building: A House Party.

There, people will get drunk enough to tell you just about anything even if you aren't interested. Things will slip out and roll off the tongue if people are inebriated enough.

Fun Fact: The first ever DMC happened about 50 years ago when fans were at the peak of their Beatlemania. John and Paul went out onto a balcony at around 1am when the party George was hosting was finally starting to die down.
    As they watched Ringo sprawled out across the sofa with a stream of vomit sliding down the side, Paul and John started talking about the future of the band, their current relationships and how they were going to have to help poor George clean the mess up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoggyPants)
    If you're interested in these deep, meaningful conversations... I'm afraid your out of luck. Usually you need to be good friends with someone in order for them to trust you enough to talk about their personal take on life.

However there is a solution to speed up the process of trust-building: A House Party.

There, people will get drunk enough to tell you just about anything even if you aren't interested. Things will slip out and roll off the tongue if people are inebriated enough.

Fun Fact: The first ever DMC happened about 50 years ago when fans were at the peak of their Beatlemania. John and Paul went out onto a balcony at around 1am when the party George was hosting was finally starting to die down.
    As they watched Ringo sprawled out across the sofa with a stream of vomit sliding down the side, Paul and John started talking about the future of the band, their current relationships and how they were going to have to help poor George clean the mess up.
    Tomorrow is that convo's anniversary.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.