Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There is a company called Milton Row. I got a phone call saying that i have been selected for an interview. I was successful and started an online course. The course is £3000!!! However as i was a graduate I was charged £500. There is a work placement as part of the "course" and i was told that 90% of companies use sage. I am now kicking myself because i accepted to pay the £500. I have been searching for a job and they preyed on that desperation. Once paying and realizing i found that other people thought it suspicious. I guess i can't get a refund or anything. So a month of studying and time wasted down the drain. It's nearing the end of the year so likely no graduate job until next year. Have you ever had a gut feeling, but went ahead anyway. Then you know how i feel. A stupid and costly mistake. This is a bit of a rant, but any ideas moving forward money back or no?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you agree to paying £500 without signing your work contract?

ReputationRep:
    Be glad you didn't pay £3000 :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Why would you agree to paying £500 without signing your work contract?
    Not had a full time job before, not clear about work contracts. I will put my hands up and say I was desperate and stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Be glad you didn't pay £3000 :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol and people have done it is ridiculous. S****load of money down the toilet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tony333)
    There is a company called Milton Row. I got a phone call saying that i have been selected for an interview. I was successful and started an online course. The course is £3000!!! However as i was a graduate I was charged £500. There is a work placement as part of the "course" and i was told that 90% of companies use sage. I am now kicking myself because i accepted to pay the £500. I have been searching for a job and they preyed on that desperation. Once paying and realizing i found that other people thought it suspicious. I guess i can't get a refund or anything. So a month of studying and time wasted down the drain. It's nearing the end of the year so likely no graduate job until next year. Have you ever had a gut feeling, but went ahead anyway. Then you know how i feel. A stupid and costly mistake. This is a bit of a rant, but any ideas moving forward money back or no?

Hi
    I wanted to ask how it went. Did you get a job? I received a call from them as well and was thinking if it was worth it and if it is legit.

Thanks

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.